Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I tried a little experiment today. This color is crazy, plum crazy to get the proper color. I'm a bit of a amateur camera buff, was about to step into some pro level equipment, but bought the PC instead.

Anyway, this color is nuts to capture, because ambient lighting does strange things to it. If our eyes get tricked, there's no way a camera is going to get it right.

Enough of the whining. I took these photos today when the sun was high, noonish. Would have preferred the early morning sun, but didn't get to it in time. All photos were sharpened 50% using Nikon Capture 4.4 and resized to 900 pixels wide. Nothing else done to the photos except #2 as explained.

First photo was taken using pure auto on the camera, including auto white balance.
2nd photo was taken with the gray card in the picture and using gray set point to modify the color
3rd photo was taken after pre setting WB using the home made gray card held up against the surface.
4th photo was taken after pre setting WB using the home made expo disk.

To my desktop calibrated monitor, #4 looks the closest to correct. To the laptop calibrated monitor, #1 looks closest.

Even on the first photo, you should be able to see color shifts as it goes across the fender.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Try photographing it on a cloudy day. Colors will have more POP with less glare.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try photographing it on a cloudy day. Colors will have more POP with less glare.
Funny thing, but on a cloudy day, the color turns less purple and more royal blue

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
glad you have a sense of humor :grin: and didnt think i was rippin ya
It's too easy to get dragged into keyboard wars. I'll always assume I'm being ribbed in fun.

Personally can't believe how little time I have, and if it wasn't for this and another forum or too, would go crazy. Oldest today wanted to ride her jet ski, but couldn't get it started. So I wander out away from the hundred or so photos I'm trying to get edited, and had to laugh. She's killed the battery, has a can of starting fluid out, and standing there saying "I don't know why it won't start". Size up the situation and ask, did you check the gas? I actually remembered them towing that one back home a couple of weeks ago, LOL. So they start looking for the gas cans. "Um, when was the last time you filled the gas cans?" I knew the answer to that one, LOL! As I'm walking away, she asks if I'll go fill the cans. I said yes, so they started grabbing cans, until I said later next week. Gawd I have some spoiled brats!

So, I'll get to the excess wax sometime next year, seriously next year, LOL.

Did get the shock tower covers painted and installed today.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How did you get covers? I didn't get no stinkin' covers. :(
chargerchick gets out her charger mastercard, walks down to her dodge dealer {have to walk, because it won't drive without the covers, LOL}, orders a set of covers. Or she does like I did, and wasted too much time here, and immediately snags a set in the for sale forum :)

Then she asks her friendly dealer to order a can of PC spray paint, and when he says there is no such thing, she begs her friendly part deux, making all kinds of promises in the process, and he gets her the part number for her dealer to order from. Then she walks into her friendly auto parts store and buys a can of primer for plastic parts.

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
Oh you so funny. :no: :D

Luckily I have a few buds here in Phoenix and one of them just happens to have an extra set he's gonna give me. So there. :tongue:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.