Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed installation of the Power Ported Perfomance (PPP) turbo package on my 07 SRT Super Bee #511. Installer was Torik Motor Sports in Cincinnati, OH.

1. Stage III T3/T4 Turbo set at 3.5-4 lbs. boost until Diablo tune in done. Then will install heaveir spring and boost to 7.0-8.0 lbs. All metal objects are polished on this turbo.
2. Turbo Race Cam
3. Stage II Polished and Ported Heads
4. 2600 RPM Stal Torque Converter
5. Polished Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust
6. B&G Stage II Flash
7. Coming very soon. Diablo Predator PCM Tune

So far so good. The car is running well and will be a real Super Beest when the predator is installed. Right now only ran a 4.64 in 0-60 time. This will come down as the mods get broken in and the tune is perfected.

Next phase is to rebuild the low end and swap out the halfshafts.

I will see 10s in the 1/4 mile with this set up once phase II is complete. The before mods dyno ran 356 hp at the crank. After mods dyno is expected to come in around 500 RWHP +-20 hp.

I will keep you posted on the dyno results and the run times when they occure.

:grin: :rockon:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Congrats Hope it makes good power for you. that is a cute little turbo!

Just completed installation of the Power Ported Perfomance (PPP) turbo package on my 07 SRT Super Bee #511. Installer was Torik Motor Sports in Cincinnati, OH.

1. Stage III T3/T4 Turbo set at 3.5-4 lbs. boost until Diablo tune in done. Then will install heaveir spring and boost to 7.0-8.0 lbs. All metal objects are polished on this turbo.
2. Turbo Race Cam
6. B&G Stage II Flash

So far so good. The car is running well and will be a real Super Beest when the predator is installed. Right now only ran a 4.64 in 0-60 time. This will come down as the mods get broken in and the tune is perfected.

I will see 10s in the 1/4 mile with this set up once phase II is complete. The before mods dyno ran 356 hp at the crank. After mods dyno is expected to come in around 500 RWHP +-20 hp.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
The before mods dyno ran 356 hp at the crank.

Did you take the coil packs off of two of the cylinders? 356 CRANK horsepower is pathetic for a 6.1L.

:)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Moparrbust;

You know when I was reading the dyno sheet I thought this seemed really low for crank HP. I do not know what coil packs are and what difference they make.

Do you think what was on the dyno sheet was really RWHP and not crank HP?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think he was being sarcastic...but yeah...rwhp makes a LOT more sense for that number.

·
Registered
676 Posts
???????????????? and he wants 10`s
You don't have to know ANYTHING about your car to have a 10 second car, you just have to have the money to buy the parts, do the install and have a driver who will take it there for you. Then you can be completely clueless about what was done and still have a 10 second car.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Any pics of the setup, dieing to see a turbo setup.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There are hundreds of pictures. I will post some when I have them all. The total cost at the time, including installation was right at $16K.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
WOW. Thats alot of chedda right there buddy. If you don't get into the 10-second range with this expensive of a set-up, I'd be freakin pissed. At that amount, I'm almost wondering why not spend an extra couple thousand and do an engine swap and just cram a huge crate motor in there. Probably safer and more dependable to do, as long as you could find one that would fit. However, I'm not knocking you by any means, because I too am obsessed with the possibility of a turbo set-up! Best of luck to you and keep us updated with some numbers and pics!

-Pat

·
Registered
184 Posts
This was a package of the PPP Heads, Cam, Intake, and Torque Converter.

The Turbo System is designed and manufactured by Creative Induction Systems, currently being distributed through PPP.

Mr MoPar

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
WOW. Thats alot of chedda right there buddy. If you don't get into the 10-second range with this expensive of a set-up, I'd be freakin pissed. At that amount, I'm almost wondering why not spend an extra couple thousand and do an engine swap and just cram a huge crate motor in there. Probably safer and more dependable to do, as long as you could find one that would fit. However, I'm not knocking you by any means, because I too am obsessed with the possibility of a turbo set-up! Best of luck to you and keep us updated with some numbers and pics!

-Pat
Phase 2 does include a built bottom end to take 15 lbs of boost.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Dude,

I need to stop by. What you up to this weekend? I think I am like 5 minutes away from where you live.

D a n a

2. Turbo Race Cam
6. B&G Stage II Flash

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
So this is a engine compartment turbo? Also you should see more than 500rwhp with what u stated?

I am looking into the 7.0L stroked 426 + twin rear mount STS turbo setup.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts