Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was coming in from a gig last night and passed by a Dodge dealer. They had a spotlight on a car and it looked like a Petty Blue Charger. I'm taking my camera back out there and I'll snap a few pics. I'll post back in a bit.

I guess I should take pics first then post but oh well, it'll be fun either way. I've never been able to get a scoop before!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Those pictures are of the same car...

·
Registered
338 Posts
If it's really Petty Blue (or corporate blue, or basin street blue - whichever they end up calling it) it doesn't photograph well at all...see my sig. I've yet to find a camera that can capture the color properly. I have several pictures of my car and you'd swear every one of them was a different color.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yeah, those pic's are not the petty blue I'm used of seeing. Petty blue was never a metalic, or am I wrong?

·
Registered
622 Posts
A little off topic but...

I'm pleased they honored Petty with his own paint name. He had to have a brass pair for driving those cars the way he did back when technology was primitive by today's standard, and the danger of serioius injury was quite high!

I hope they release Petty Blue - I'm quite enjoying all the nostalgia!

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
As I recall a shade of blue is planned for this year's Superbee's. Heard it will be a Petty-esque blue.

·
Registered
338 Posts
No, Petty Blue was not a metallic color, the other blue was though. The original paint codes were B3 and B5 but none of them were called Petty Blue because Petty wanted royalties if Chrysler used his name on the paint. It is the color he came up with (oddly they were combined because he didn't have enough of blue or enough of white to paint his car so he mixed them, liked the color and decided it would be called Petty blue) but you'll probably see it called Blue By You, Corporate Blue, or Basin Street Blue, unless they think calling it Petty Blue and paying the Petty family their due royalties will sell more cars.

·
Registered
417 Posts
No, Petty Blue was not a metallic color, the other blue was though. The original paint codes were B3 and B5 but none of them were called Petty Blue because Petty wanted royalties if Chrysler used his name on the paint. It is the color he came up with (oddly they were combined because he didn't have enough of blue or enough of white to paint his car so he mixed them, liked the color and decided it would be called Petty blue) but you'll probably see it called Blue By You, Corporate Blue, or Basin Street Blue, unless they think calling it Petty Blue and paying the Petty family their due royalties will sell more cars.
"Blue by You" is a Mitsubishi Evo color, so I doubt they'll use that name.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry but it's a false alarm. The dealer has one spot where they normally put their Daytonas under a spotlight. Apparently they took a regular blue Charger and parked it there. At 3am it was hard to see the actual color but it did look like the blue 'Bee shown above. But sadly it was not.

Darn it! I was so pumped to actually get to share news first.

·
Registered
467 Posts
it was probably a marine blue charger you seen at the dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.