Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to add a couple subwoofers onto the stock RER navigation system. I do not want to lose anything and I am DEFINITELY not cutting anything. So I've doing research on different companies that produce an interface to the stock radio that adds preamp outputs.

I have seen a couple that seem decent. The first one is from Axxess that seems pretty difficult to find and the other is by Peripheral. I have seen a few people mention the Peripheral unit a few times. How does everyone like it? Does it seem pretty reliable? Is there any interference or noise?

If no one has had an issue, I'll go ahead and purchase that one. It's listed a couple places for about $80-85 + shipping. I'll also try to take some pictures of the unit and the the install.

Thanks in advance.

X

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I got the amp interface installed this weekend. Everything was pretty easy. The hardest part was, of course, running the remote wire and RCA's to the trunk. I am wiring up the amp now (well, when I get home from work), so we'll see how it sounds. I thought the interface would keep my existing factory amp and sub, but it kind of sounds like it disabled them. It may just be a mental thing that I'm forcing myself to hear, not sure.

I'll post some pics probable tonight. They won't be anything special but pictures are always nice to see.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well, I got the amp interface installed this weekend. Everything was pretty easy. The hardest part was, of course, running the remote wire and RCA's to the trunk. I am wiring up the amp now (well, when I get home from work), so we'll see how it sounds. I thought the interface would keep my existing factory amp and sub, but it kind of sounds like it disabled them. It may just be a mental thing that I'm forcing myself to hear, not sure.

I'll post some pics probable tonight. They won't be anything special but pictures are always nice to see.

My bud has that same interface in an 07 300, all his speakers work and its sounds alot better than stock. You should have yours checked out, or go over all the connections....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My bud has that same interface in an 07 300, all his speakers work and its sounds alot better than stock. You should have yours checked out, or go over all the connections....
Yeah, my mind was playing tricks on me. All the speakers still work and the subs sound pretty good. Once I turned the subs facing the trunk, it sounded much better. And the stock subs compliment the 12's really nicely. Here's a pic of the interface for anyone that wanted to see it. I'll take some pictures of the instruction sheet later.

I'm only using the rear preouts, so I just taped up the front ones. The actual unit actually fits nicely in the compartment next to the radio, so everything installed pretty easily. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts