Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried out the 0 to 60 performance gauge/setting on my 08 SRT yesterday for the first time. Bone stock with K&N replacement filter. First run was 5.32 and second run was 5.76. Both times I left it in Drive and let the trans shift. The tires slipped a little on the second run.

I tried manually shifting for a 3rd run but I forgot to reset the clock. That run seemed the fastest to me but the time didn't register. Do you guys find that manually shifting works better for a quick time?

I drove the car about 10-15 minutes in 85 degree weather prior to making the runs. Temp gauge was at 215. I have the F1 tires, and they really grab. The car itself doesn't really start to pull hard off the line until 25-30 mph. I think the SRTs have a low rear gear. 3.06? so I would expect it to be slow off the line.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So..., nobody ever races their Charger....:confused::driving:

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Launching

I tried out the 0 to 60 performance gauge/setting on my 08 SRT yesterday for the first time. Bone stock with K&N replacement filter. First run was 5.32 and second run was 5.76. Both times I left it in Drive and let the trans shift. The tires slipped a little on the second run.

I tried manually shifting for a 3rd run but I forgot to reset the clock. That run seemed the fastest to me but the time didn't register. Do you guys find that manually shifting works better for a quick time?

I drove the car about 10-15 minutes in 85 degree weather prior to making the runs. Temp gauge was at 215. I have the F1 tires, and they really grab. The car itself doesn't really start to pull hard off the line until 25-30 mph. I think the SRTs have a low rear gear. 3.06? so I would expect it to be slow off the line.

Any thoughts?
Might do a search for 0-60 times. Here is a link on a discussion about how to launch...

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88867&highlight=transmission+cooler

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
There are lots of launch threads. Basically power up to about 1300 and let it rip. That's how I do it. I haven't done a 0-60 run in a while though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I read the other thread. I completely forgot to shut off the ESP on all of my runs. Do you guys find quicker times manually shifting or allowing the trans to shift?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Leave it auto shift, you'll get better times. Try it with the ESP partially off. U may spin a bit more and have to play with the gas, but the computer won't be holding back on the car as much. Just keep playing with it, times will drop.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just push the ESP button to turn it partially off and hold the ESP button for 5 secs to turn it completely off? Is there a display on the gauge cluster advising of both settings?

·
Registered
114 Posts
4.28s with No esp.

K&N CAI, 180 Stat and 91 tunes :rocker:( 190°F engine)

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Just push the ESP button to turn it partially off and hold the ESP button for 5 secs to turn it completely off? Is there a display on the gauge cluster advising of both settings?
partially off (just press esp off button", you will just have the yellow squiggly... completely off (must press for 5 secs), you will have both the yellow squiggly and it will show on the speedo gauge "ESP OFF or ESP Deactivated"... one of the two:bigthumb:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
partially off (just press esp off button", you will just have the yellow squiggly... completely off (must press for 5 secs), you will have both the yellow squiggly and it will show on the speedo gauge "ESP OFF or ESP Deactivated"... one of the two:bigthumb:
Cool thanks. I'll have to give it another try on a cooler day.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey dumb question but where do I find this performance setting/ gauge thingy. I have an 07 not sure it that matters just never heard of it before.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not positive, but I think its new for 08 and up. It would be in the EVIC settings in the menu on the steering wheel. It cycles between trip, system settings and performance settings. Pretty sure its new for 2008.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey dumb question but where do I find this performance setting/ gauge thingy. I have an 07 not sure it that matters just never heard of it before.
Your 07 will have the 0-60 timer, press and hold the music note button and the N compass button on the steering wheel at the same time. Hold them till the display changes. (bout 5-7 seconds. Then just flip through the "other" menu items with the up and down arrows. The button with the book on it will take you back to normal settings. Enjoy :beerchug:

·
Registered
325 Posts
For my best time check my avatar. I couldnt do better than 4.78 with the stock tires due to tire spin, but with the Nittos on back (285/40/20) traction out of the hole if done properly and on a road with good bite isn't a problem anymore. ESP was off using the key method BTW.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I think it is odd that 3 of us on this forum have hit the same number of 4.28 seconds. Very strange.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts