Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 charger r/t mopar. I was looking for some advise are some good performance parts that I can buy. All ive bought is a CAI and a borla cat back. Im having trouble finding parts.

·
Registered
352 Posts
A lot of vendors on the forum to look for performance parts. And what parts are you looking for headers cam blower?

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I have a 2011 charger r/t mopar. I was looking for some advise are some good performance parts that I can buy. All ive bought is a CAI and a borla cat back. Im having trouble finding parts.
What do you want to build and what is your budget?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont really have a budget. I just want to buy a bit at a time.i was looking at American Racing longtube headers.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I dont really have a budget. I just want to buy a bit at a time.i was looking at American Racing longtube headers.
Good way to start but your going to need a tune to get full potential out of the headers and for the car to run right

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Buy a little at a time for what? What are you trying to build?

If you don't define where you want to go, no one can give you advice on the best way to get there. Buying parts randomly makes no sense since they may not work with the next set of parts that you buy randomly...then you get to buy the first set all over again to match the second set, and so on.

You need to define your goals and then decide how much you can spend and when. Which parts you buy first matters and your budget refines it further.

Add a cam without a tune because you can't afford a tuner to go with it is a waste of money and you car will run like crap. Buy the tuner first and then add the cam later when you can afford it makes it efficient and you get the incremental boost in performance from each as you go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Buy a little at a time for what? What are you trying to build?

If you don't define where you want to go, no one can give you advice on the best way to get there. Buying parts randomly makes no sense since they may not work with the next set of parts that you buy randomly...then you get to buy the first set all over again to match the second set, and so on.

You need to define your goals and then decide how much you can spend and when. Which parts you buy first matters and your budget refines it further.

Add a cam without a tune because you can't afford a tuner to go with it is a waste of money and you car will run like crap. Buy the tuner first and then add the cam later when you can afford it makes it efficient and you get the incremental boost in performance from each as you go.
Yes your right. as of right now I have a general idea of what I would like. but I dont know what what should come first. I know I want an upgrade cam and headers doing that would need a tune. I know all that just wanting an Idea to go from. I eventually want to put a procharger in it.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Yes your right. as of right now I have a general idea of what I would like. but I dont know what what should come first. I know I want an upgrade cam and headers doing that would need a tune. I know all that just wanting an Idea to go from. I eventually want to put a procharger in it.
Then don't be shy and state the build you want so we can help.

It's not hard. Try something like "I want a supercharged car I can drive daily that has 500 RWHP and goes 0-60mph in 4 secs. I want it to be reliable for everyday use and take it to the track on weekends and put down low-12 sec 1/4 mile times."

That was just an example...now it's your turn to state what you are really trying to build.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Then don't be shy and state the build you want so we can help.

It's not hard. Try something like "I want a supercharged car I can drive daily that has 500 RWHP and goes 0-60mph in 4 secs. I want it to be reliable for everyday use and take it to the track on weekends and put down low-12 sec 1/4 mile times."

That was just an example...now it's your turn to state what you are really trying to build.
Well thats basically what I want to be honest.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Well thats basically what I want to be honest.
Ok, good enough.

First thing to buy is a tuner so that you can make the most of the mods to follow. Get an InTune or Trinity from DiabloSport. It will let you turn off the MDS and tune for the best from the stock configuration with the CAI and Borla catback that you have now. It will also let you tune the future mods as you add them.

Next mod is long tube headers and exhaust. Go Kooks. (re-tune after)

After that is the 392 cam and heads. (re-tune after)

The Supercharger will require building the bottom end to handle it unless you run very low boost with something like a Vortech at 5-6 lbs. For more boost like a ProCharger, you need fully forged internals. You will also need a professional expert tune for that but your DS tuner will be what they use to do it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yes we all do ! Lol but that takes $$$
So you better make a budget. Because everything you do affects every on the car . Like you supercharged your but now you can't get on it till you redo your drive train cuz it can't handle the power.
So start will the Diablosport intune ,
A real good cold air intake (not a BS K&n one ) then get a good catch can with nice hoses , do your exhaust (this will be your first big discussion that will go back and forth with till you drop the 1500. On one . Then get a custom tune . Then see how you are . By then you should know what you financially your capable of doing.
Because it's get real from there you will need to get a torque converter and value body kit if you dare go 6000. On a super charger.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Drive train will be next to handle all that new found HP under the hood!

:wink3:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Ddaddy pretty much spelled it out for you. You have an intake and catback, so next logically should be a Diablo tuner. You'll be happy with what a canned tune will do with the two mods you have already. It's a whole different driving experience after installing a tune and changing the throttle booster and tranny settings.

An oil catch can, although not a performance mod, is a great thing to invest in just to ensure you're keeping the inside of your intake nice and clean. BT makes the best one and it's relatively inexpensive for the insurance it provides.

After that I'd suggest a TranZformer electronic shift kit. It allows you to adjust shift pressure, has a line lock so you can do burnouts by locking the front brakes or launch mode by locking all four wheels. You can also adjust auto stick settings.

Then I'd suggest long tube headers and either hi-flow cats or catless mids. I bought shorty headers and ended up dumping them because I decided if I was going to spend two days on my back installing headers I'd better feel some serious results. Shorties weren't going to get me that so I decided to wait to buy long tubes. Once you get those on you'll need a custom tune to ensure you're going all the available horsepower from them as well as be able to get the CEL to stay off.

Once you've got good intake flow and exhaust flow, next could be a cam. You could do the 392 cam, which nets good results for a reasonable price, but others seem to think custom grind is the only way to go to get big numbers.

392 heads is debatable. The eagle heads you have stock flow very, very good so IMO heads would be a very expensive upgrade that you might not absolutely need.

Big power's going to require a supercharger or nitrous. Again, it depends on how much power you want to make. Forged internals are going to be required with anything making 500hp or more. Me personally I'd be happy with 400hp to the wheels so I'd be ok with my stock bottom end and 4 or 5 lbs of boost, but anything over that you have to start digging into the bottom end.

The great thing about your 11 is the 3.92 gears you already have, so a good set of sticky tires would be the only thing you'd need there to hook up really well after the power increases.

·
Registered
3 Posts
AWD Limitations? Extra things to Consider?

Hey all, recent addition to the Charger world here with a '14 AWD R/T Plus!

This thread has a lot of great mod suggestions. I was just wondering what extra considerations I might have to make given mine has AWD. I have read into a number of the mods proposed here and have mostly the same goals as the H3GONE.

My current understanding is that there is a way to disable AWD via Diablosport, so that's not really my question. I guess it's more of at what points during the suggested modifications do I need to really keep in mind that my vehicle was built w AWD? In your experiences, could it limit me in any way?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, good enough.

First thing to buy is a tuner so that you can make the most of the mods to follow. Get an InTune or Trinity from DiabloSport. It will let you turn off the MDS and tune for the best from the stock configuration with the CAI and Borla catback that you have now. It will also let you tune the future mods as you add them.

Next mod is long tube headers and exhaust. Go Kooks. (re-tune after)

After that is the 392 cam and heads. (re-tune after)

The Supercharger will require building the bottom end to handle it unless you run very low boost with something like a Vortech at 5-6 lbs. For more boost like a ProCharger, you need fully forged internals. You will also need a professional expert tune for that but your DS tuner will be what they use to do it.
When getting the 392 camshaft what else do you need to buy? (Springs, pushrods, or can the stock ones work?)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey guys this is a great help for me as well. Im doing the Motorcity Gumball with my '13R/T been trying to figure out ways to get 400HP which is pretty much good for me. I live in Michigan and this is a daily driver for me (for now). So many different post about what can get it and not this is nice.

Sorry don't really mean to ask questions in someone post but rather not try post some stuff over and over. Thanks for the info guys keep it up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes we all do ! Lol but that takes $$$
So you better make a budget. Because everything you do affects every on the car . Like you supercharged your but now you can't get on it till you redo your drive train cuz it can't handle the power.
So start will the Diablosport intune ,
A real good cold air intake (not a BS K&n one ) then get a good catch can with nice hoses , do your exhaust (this will be your first big discussion that will go back and forth with till you drop the 1500. On one . Then get a custom tune . Then see how you are . By then you should know what you financially your capable of doing.
Because it's get real from there you will need to get a torque converter and value body kit if you dare go 6000. On a super charger.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Whats a good catch can. There's so many. I want to buy the best one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts