Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have black R/T fully loaded everything except the r/t performance package, at the time i didnt want to wait after i test drove the vehicle also i was getting it at 31699 including gps sunroof soudn group II, electronics group II ssirius all power seats and so on which is way lower the invoice price so just didnt to miss the deal
does any one know if there is any way to get the performance package now. I am just putting on 20" wheels tommorow morning and my srt front grill is on its way. this package will be complete if i get the performance package any help would be apprecaited thank you

·
Registered
384 Posts
not gonna happen unless you want to put in a new suspension, steering, exhaust and seats (in the front). Not sure if I am missing anything. but basicly it would be way expensive and probobly easier to trade it in for one with it pre-existing.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i think the best part of the r/t package is the wheels....so now i really don't think you need to go get in imo.... for suspension they use a stiff shock set up (the same one on the towing package) i think they are hydromat shocks if i remember correctly. steering - haven't heard any differences in steering and not sure i would want a difference i love the way the steering is set up now. :happy:

the exhaust note with the r/t package isn't all that (based on the comments of other owners) if you are looking for a deep throaty growl. aftermarket or fabrication would be a better route. finally the seats - i am a big guy and well sport seats aren't feasible for me.

take that extra money (after your new wheels) and look around for a throaty sounding exhaust (do a search - plenty people have tried alot of routes - i am partial so i won't interject my thoughts on exhaust)

man for the money i would have spent on the r/t package i have bought my exhaust, new springs, charger badge (circa 1970), daytona grill, daytona r/t badge, front lip and i still have money left over for rear air diffuser, cai......so turn that frown into a happy face and go spend some money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts