Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loath and despise ceramic pads. Meant for under the speed limit only, will hot spot rotors if you push them, and brake lousy, fade quickly.

PFC carbon metallic pads are great performing pads if that's what you want and are not a dust wimp.

Here is a demo of how easily it washes off.

Reactions: RitzRT

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
2,208 Posts
I never understood folks who buy sporty cars with performance brakes then whine about brake dust. Oh Noes brake dust is all over my Brembo Brakes whhhaaaaa!

Like, its a performance system. Not a damn tik tok wanna be infleuncer.

Reactions: georgiapi

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Hmm...so I'm guessing you're not a fan of the Powerstop Z26 pads that are carbon ceramic?

I really don't care if pads are dusty or not, I buy what works. I've always liked the Z26 pads.

Maybe I'll try a good semi-metallic next.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Was just Googling good semi-metallic pads for 392s and the first thing I click on I see this...

You two nerds, lol.

Product Font Screenshot Material property Parallel

• Haha
Reactions: Rhill1124

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Atleast we are consistent?
Yes you are!

I wasnt knocking you, I just thought it was funny first thing I clicked on and I see you two on the other site.

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
2,208 Posts
Yes you are!

I wasnt knocking you, I just thought it was funny first thing I clicked on and I see you two on the other site.
Yep!

I like to gapi and I have a sense of performance over looks ideaolgy. More go less flash I guess.

Speaking of brake pads, on my eagle I used Hawks HPS pads for longest with fero-carbon or something in them. They worked great and def did better once warmed up a bit.

The top cop pads on the charger do well, although I do get some warpage when slowing down HARD at high speeds. But it goes away shortly after light cool down. They preformed perfect coming down pikes peak with no issues. They do make noise and dust though.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a full F&R set of NIB Top Cop Pads I'll give you for some good BBQ from your area. Extra sauce. Couple samaches & sides next time you come through.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts