Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a weird thing that I have noticed. Maybe I'm just crazy but I think my Charger performs better on days when the temp is not too hot, ie. overcast, cloudy days and some humidity and temps lower than 20C / 70F. I have a 3.5L with the predator 91 tune installed and it seems like when it's hot and dry outside she is not as fast...

Anyone else notice that changes in the weather effect the performance or perception of it?

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Cooler weather means colder, denser air which can carry more fuel and create more power. Cooler air also helps keep engine temps lower which helps with power.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cooler weather means colder, denser air which can carry more fuel and create more power. Cooler air also helps keep engine temps lower which helps with power.
What I'm noticing is that just a few degrees cooler feels alot different to me driving the car, especially if its not a sunny day... We don't get alot of really hot days up here in Newfoundland.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
yep.
theres a reason cars can run the 1/4 mile in 12.5 seconds in a mid summer day in houston, then goto running 12.0 in the winter.

air temperature is EVERYTHING.

on the hottest days i cant even break my tires loose, where as typically they shred thru first gear.

heat sucks. i hate the summer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts