Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2020 Charger Scat Pack with the performance pacakge and the adaptive damping suspension. I don't know much about cars but I love my Scat. I recently got a Diablo tuner, deleted resonator and muffler, got a lower hellcat airbox with the front functional snorkels, Billet oil catch can, and a TB spacer. I got it retuned by Hemifever and it runs great. I got smoked by my friends 2022 stinger in that has quite of bit of mods in a 50-roll race and totally sucked. Made me want to do more performance upgrades but not exactly ready to drop a supercharger in it yet. I haven't really found anyone to dyno my car since I live in northern NJ and don't know much about reliable dyno shops (if thats a thing). Regardless I'd highly appreciate any suggestions, advice or ideas for future performance upgrades, and hopefully being able to beat him one day if its even possible without a super charger.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I got a 2020 Charger Scat Pack with the performance pacakge and the adaptive damping suspension. I don't know much about cars but I love my Scat. I recently got a Diablo tuner, deleted resonator and muffler, got a lower hellcat airbox with the front functional snorkels, Billet oil catch can, and a TB spacer. I got it retuned by Hemifever and it runs great. I got smoked by my friends 2022 stinger in that has quite of bit of mods in a 50-roll race and totally sucked. Made me want to do more performance upgrades but not exactly ready to drop a supercharger in it yet. I haven't really found anyone to dyno my car since I live in northern NJ and don't know much about reliable dyno shops (if thats a thing). Regardless I'd highly appreciate any suggestions, advice or ideas for future performance upgrades, and hopefully being able to beat him one day if its even possible without a super charger.
I hate to say it, but I hope the throttle body spacer wasn't very expensive because it's a waste of money.

As for a Dyno tuner, Check with HHP in Delaware, I THINK they do dyno tunes.

Now, about beating the Stinger...you have a HEAVY car. It will take a LOT of power to beat the Stinger, especially if he's got some work done.

2 questions before I can give you any advice:

1- Are you worried about your factory warranty?

2- What kind of budget do you have? (Modding these cars is NOT cheap)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hate to say it, but I hope the throttle body spacer wasn't very expensive because it's a waste of money.

As for a Dyno tuner, Check with HHP in Delaware, I THINK they do dyno tunes.

Now, about beating the Stinger...you have a HEAVY car. It will take a LOT of power to beat the Stinger, especially if he's got some work done.

2 questions before I can give you any advice:

1- Are you worried about your factory warranty?

2- What kind of budget do you have? (Modding these cars is NOT cheap)
lol thankfully it wasn't, less than $200 from AFE. I will definitely look into HHP thank you.

yes I figured that much specially since its an AWD Stinger that thing took off so fast all I saw was tail lights getting farther and farther lol but I still have my hopes up!.. No my warranty is over in a couple of months so I really don't care for it. Budget wise I really don't know it'll all depends on the mods I guess but if I'd have to give it a number I would say nothing going over $6k or if it does maybe I can upgrade in increments. The car currently has 21k miles, I don't drive it that much if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
lol thankfully it wasn't, less than $200 from AFE. I will definitely look into HHP thank you.

yes I figured that much specially since its an AWD Stinger that thing took off so fast all I saw was tail lights getting farther and farther lol but I still have my hopes up!.. No my warranty is over in a couple of months so I really don't care for it. Budget wise I really don't know it'll all depends on the mods I guess but if I'd have to give it a number I would say nothing going over $6k or if it does maybe I can upgrade in increments. The car currently has 21k miles, I don't drive it that much if that makes any difference.
Ok, if I had a hair over $6k to build (and I knew I was going to go more later- because you will)

I'd start with this....

Everything that's not on this short block can come directly from your current engine. Heads are fine, exhaust manifolds, intake, etc all bolt right onto this. Get an unlocked PCM from HP or have yours unlocked while the engine swap is taking place (and most good builders can unlock yours, I know HHP can) get it tuned and you're ready to stay closer or at least catch back up to that Stinger.

It's a forged bottom end, so you can add a supercharger later on with nothing more than a tune to make serious horsepowers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, if I had a hair over $6k to build (and I knew I was going to go more later- because you will)

I'd start with this....

Everything that's not on this short block can come directly from your current engine. Heads are fine, exhaust manifolds, intake, etc all bolt right onto this. Get an unlocked PCM from HP or have yours unlocked while the engine swap is taking place (and most good builders can unlock yours, I know HHP can) get it tuned and you're ready to stay closer or at least catch back up to that Stinger.

It's a forged bottom end, so you can add a supercharger later on with nothing more than a tune to make serious horsepowers.
Wow that looks beautiful! Definitely going to look into this. I already have an unlocked PCM from DiabloSports, so the tune is all I would need.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Wow that looks beautiful! Definitely going to look into this. I already have an unlocked PCM from DiabloSports, so the tune is all I would need.
Swap over to HP. Diablo is a good unit, don't get me wrong, but HP is just better for high power builds and you don't have to have the expensive CMR license to make changes so the tunes get a little cheaper. Most builders/ tuners prefer HP for that reason.

You can unmarry and sell the Diablo to cover the HP cost.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Swap over to HP. Diablo is a good unit, don't get me wrong, but HP is just better for high power builds and you don't have to have the expensive CMR license to make changes so the tunes get a little cheaper. Most builders/ tuners prefer HP for that reason.

You can unmarry and sell the Diablo to cover the HP cost.
Okay sounds like a good plan, how much power you would say you’d get from that short block and the tune?

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Okay sounds like a good plan, how much power you would say you’d get from that short block and the tune?
You'd probably make 500-550 at the wheels all motor on pump 93. If you DO get that engine, talk to HHP and tell them you may add boost later. They'll probably recommend the lower (9.5:1) compression pistons for it.

I have a procharged 426 that makes 850 at the wheels on pump 93 so I know the 426 is a powerhouse.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You'd probably make 500-550 at the wheels all motor on pump 93. If you DO get that engine, talk to HHP and tell them you may add boost later. They'll probably recommend the lower (9.5:1) compression pistons for it.

I have a procharged 426 that makes 850 at the wheels on pump 93 so I know the 426 is a powerhouse.
I absolutely will without a doubt go in that direction! That sounds all very exciting lol, now is just all a matter of time. How about long tube headers from Kooks? Would that make any difference?, A ported TB?

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I absolutely will without a doubt go in that direction! That sounds all very exciting lol, now is just all a matter of time. How about long tube headers from Kooks? Would that make any difference?, A ported TB?
Leave your exhaust alone, at least until you add boost. The Scat Pack exhaust is good to over 1000hp...it's the same exact exhaust as the Hellcat has. That, and if you have emissions where you are, long tubes and highflows or catless become a pain in the a$$.

The 3-5hp long tubes give you isn't worth the aggravation or noise that comes along with them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Leave your exhaust alone, at lwast until you add boost. The Scat Pack exhaust is good to over 1000hp...it's the same exact exhaust as the Hellcat has. That, and if you have emissions where you are, long tubes and highflows or catless become a pain in the a$$.

The 3-5hp long tubes give you isn't worth the aggravation or noise that comes along with them.
I do have emissions and getting an inspection sticker to not get towed becomes very annoying. But I highly appreciate the education and advice you’ve have given me. Not everyone takes time out of their day to answer annoying questions lol. I feel after that engine swap I’d be closer to beating that stinger.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I do have emissions and getting an inspection sticker to not get towed becomes very annoying. But I highly appreciate the education and advice you’ve have given me. Not everyone takes time out of their day to answer annoying questions lol. I feel after that engine swap I’d be closer to beating that stinger.
Add a set of Micket Thompson ET Street R's on 18x10 wheels to the rear of your Scat and you'd be shocked...so would the Stinger

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I got the stock 275s x 20, was thinking of getting wider wheels for the back to run 305s or 315s but I think I’m going to hold off on that now lol
You can get 18x10's from Summit pretty cheap (The Bravados) and run 305/45/18 ET Street R's without changing anything but the wheels and tires on the rear. If you drop to 17's you'll leave the line ever so slightly better, but you need shorter sway bar end links to go 17"

I race with my 275/40/20's on the front, don't even care

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can get 18x10's from Summit pretty cheap (The Bravados) and run 305/45/18 ET Street R's without changing anything but the wheels and tires on the rear. If you drop to 17's you'll leave the line ever so slightly better, but you need shorter sway bar end links to go 17"

I race with my 275/40/20's on the front, don't even care
Sounds like it’s something worth looking into regarding the rear set. I might do the same as you then lol

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I guess you said the Stinger was modded a bit, stock vs stock would be close, but I'd say on a 40 roll you'd take him.

I think those things are hideous looking.

Funny you're looking at the 426, I was just on Arringtons website yesterday looking at the short block and long block. I don't have that money though!

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I guess you said the Stinger was modded a bit, stock vs stock would be close, but I'd say on a 40 roll you'd take him.

I think those things are hideous looking.

Funny you're looking at the 426, I was just on Arringtons website yesterday looking at the short block and long block. I don't have that money though!
Last word through the grapevine is that Arrington isn't "Arrington " anymore. They sold out. All the guys that worked for them are spread to the 4 winds...HHP, MMX, Better Built, what WAS A2Speed, Petty's. I'd trust anything Arrington actually made but it's just name alone now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts