Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
guessing that this is just a "resistor" mod....

basically then engine bay gets hot, and the air sensor can read that the air is warmer(less dense). what this will do is make the engine think that the air is always cooler then it is, and while you may see a again... it will not be what they advertise...(far from it actually)

Perosnally I would not run this on one of my vehicles... nor would I ever suggest this mod to anyone I know...

Save you money, and put it towards something more worthwhile then a 10 cent diode in a 5 cent plastic case....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sounds like a POS to me.. Might want to get some piston return springs to go with it, right after picking up one of those sweet electric superchargers.

I would never trust one of those crappy box tunes on my car. But if someone did have a chip for $20 that adjusted shift points on the tranny and raised the speed limiter, but changed nothing else I would pick one up.

The only time I would add a chip to adjust my tune is when its custom done while my car is on the dyno.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Wow! Horsepower in a box! Just plug it in and you can go out and take on Top-Fuel'rs. I've gotta get me one of these! And wow, only $200 dollars. Thats pocket change to me!

NOT!!!

'nuff said. :whistle:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
placebo! although, could be a "flash module" that plugs into the drb3 acess port...unlike the hypertech modules, this type has a benign flash that slightly advances timing and richens the fuel mix at certain rpm's. Bottom line, you get what you pay for :wink:

·
Registered
93 Posts
They had the same thing out for the LS1 motors in Camaro's, Firebird's, Trans Am's and Corvette's. TOTAL BS.

We tested a bunch of these so called "miracle HP mods" on my '98 Trans Am on the dyno - where it really can be tested - and the IAT mod of the resistor (less than $1.00 at Radio Shack BTW) does little to nothing for HP gains. Better to put on a cool air intake kit and pull cool air in from outside the hot engine compartment. I ended up getting the most bang for my buck going with an aftermarket hood that sealed to a different airbox setup that truly made it "ram air" and making my own mods to the hood to totally seal it. Then we put a larger MAF on it, larger throttle body, less restrictive exhaust (no cats), computer programming and a wet nitrous kit on it. Then it would haul serious butt. I had a NX system with a 15lb bottle in the passenger rear fenderwell (loads of room in a T/A fenderwell) with a remote opener and I would troll around the streets with a 275 shot and give people fits. Fun car. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts