Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering if any owners of the d3 have had any problems with it? Because im just debating on wether i want to purchase a extra 3yr warranty with it or not. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
What's an avid d3??

·
Registered
295 Posts
The Avid D3 I believe is a Pioneer Naviagtion/DVD/AM&FM Unit. I would think it is a good idea to get the warranty unless you have money to buy a more updated version if and when the version you have breaks.

Maybe it's better safe than sorry :ninja: But it's up to you.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've had my unit since March and LOVE this unit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only does she look good (better then factory) It works great!!!!!!! When I got it I paid the G for it....now you can get it for around 7 and change. Best G I have ever spent.

If you ask me I say go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
If you post this in the audio forum, perhaps some people who actually know what you're talking about will respond. :D

Personally, I'm reluctant to get an aftermarket nav/audio system since they tend to be an attractive nuisance for thieves. Not nearly as many people are willing to break in to steal a factory unit.

Best,

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have it, I LOVE it. I'm getting ready to do the hack so I dont have to apply the brake to input and use certain features. As far as being scared to get a aftermarket radio just get a nice two way alarm with a long range and you'll be good.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Im wondering if any owners of the d3 have had any problems with it? Because im just debating on wether i want to purchase a extra 3yr warranty with it or not. Thanks!

In terms of purchasing the warranty, if its electronic, I would have them cover it. I would also check and see if accidental is built into it as well. I know that some stores offer this with a replacement plan. I know that Circuit City does have accidental coverage as an option. That extra 200 dollars now might pay for another unit if, it needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol sorry guys i am talking about the avic d3. Thanks for the input, looks like noone has really had any problems with the unit, but im gonna just purchase the warranty anyways to be one safe side.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I love mine....

How much is the Extra Warranty.. that would probably be the deciding factor.. also i would check out www.avic411.com to see the problems with the unit.. everyone will be a little different.

The comment regarding the theft of the aftermarket nav opposed to the factory nav...

the is why they made the D3... it looks factory... it was geared that way to give the stock look.

good luck.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
i have it and it is awesome and not one single problem....very sharp and stylish..and you can get an awesome deal on ebay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts