Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not one to air out my dirty laundry, but I'm very upset. Just to give you a little history. On 7-8-10 I purchased a LX full repair kit for my car. It has been over 1 month and so far I have nothing! Still waiting on lower front shock mount and front lower control arm bushings. I've dropped almost 2k for supposidly this remarkable product with a company that's supposed to have this excellent reputation and so far my first experience and probably my last with this company has been nothing but frustration and
disappointment. I really hope this thing can be resolved in a timely manner! Any help, input or words of encouragement would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Hey 808 Charger....
It took about 6 weeks to get my LX Street II and sway bar kit. The parts are all made in Australia, so there is always a lag. It does take awhile...but well worth the wait. The kit replaced all the bushings, which stabilized the car. I got the Gas Ryder shocks/coil overs, and topped it all off w/ the sway bars. Handles as good as any BMW / Audi. Pulls a full 1g at peak. I think you are in Hawaii from the "808".....(80 mph even on the Pali Hwy hairpin turn!! The car was completely level.....zero roll) Chance Customs did the install. It took about 12-14 hours as our cars are a lot of work to get to the bushings.
I too spent about 2,400, and was wondering if the end product was going to be worth it. It was. Be patient...like I said manufactured in Australia, then to the mainland, then over here. Pedder's treated me good. Mike (DMS) and Pete always returned phone calls and e-mails. It took almost an entire year to find someone who SEMA would recommend to Pedder's, and then set up the shop licensing, ect....
Bottom line is I love my set and the Pedder's hardware in the car. PM me if you want to meet up and check it out.......Aloha. :beerchug:

·
Registered
133 Posts
been there...done that!

pedders seems to have a good product, but the company itself...especially here in the us is run like $hit. absolutely. there is practically zero communication intercompany and with customers. i have always had to initiate status inquiries and the like. mike was the us point man but he is no longer there...for whatever reason. and by mike leaving, this has created an even larger communication gap. have no idea of what is up with pete. jacie is more or less the office "manager" of sorts and so far is real good about getting back to you. deb who heads the little office in mi apparently does not take or return calls. not sure what she does besides deny picking up shipping costs.

this was a huge sore spot with me, and i almost sent all my parts back over it. pedder's pr sucks big time. almost all vendors will pick up shipping if you spend enough $ with them. pedders will not...even after spending over 2k. they have a lot to learn about acquiring and keeping customers. and unless forced to, i will never buy anything else from them, ever again. that's how much of a bad taste they left with me in regards to my experience with them. the plant is in aust and all parts are imported thru houston and must pass customs and all that bs, before they can be received into stock and shipped out via mi.

you will have to be patient and put up with all the nonsense to get your parts. and the wait may be indefinite. so expect huge delays while waiting for parts. i waited several weeks for my front lower shock mounts, and according to jacie, mike never let her know i was waiting on them. again the communication thing. unfortunately i have no words of encouragement for you. i would go ahead and install what you got so far though. you'll be waiting awhile yet for your mounts and bushings. i went a different way as far as my sway bars and strut tie bars. i'm finally getting all my pedders stuff installed next week, now that i finally have everything. my struts/springs/sway bars/strut tie bars are already installed.

fact is though, i have to laugh when i read posts on here about how well guys say their car handles etc. the stock bushings, mounts, etc. these cars come from the factory with are a joke. they are made of the cheapest crap you have ever seen. reports of failures of these parts without much stress, time, etc. are very common. once you get some quality urethane stuff mounted up, you will have a car that REALLY handles. on par with a euro sedan without a doubt. pedders is lucky they have a lot of clientele as far as supplying governmental law enforcement entities here in the us with parts. government knows all about delays.

retail customers would not put up with their delays and apathetic attitude crap for a minute. beam should get a medal for his patience. not many would wait a year like he did. everybody else would have moved on to other vendors. i only got most of my parts cuz they were already sitting in us inventory in mi. if they hadn't been, i would have moved on as well. i wish you the best of luck in resolving your issues with them.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
that suckS!!!!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Sorry to hear that 721...honestly, I had nothing but great communication and service....Hope it works out. I have had bad experiences w/ companies others rave about....but as BOS says..."that sucks", indeed.

·
Registered
8,912 Posts
Waitaminnit... Mike_DMS is no longer with Pedders?! :eek:

Well... I think I'll just leave it at that. :confused:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Well, as bad as the experience is, I thank you for warning the rest of us. One thing I can't abide is shoddy customer service- there's just no place for that sort of bs in the real marketplace...you can't get or keep customers if you don't how to deal with them, cater to them at times even. I hate stuff like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts