Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 06 SRT Charger for a little over a month now and discovered the other day it had adjustable pedals. Amazing what one finds when reading the recently acquired owners manual via ebay, lol. The weird part is they only have about 3/4 of an inch max travel forward and back. I pulled off the lower dash trim cover to have a looksee and it looks like the track should have about 3 inches of adjustment. The motor moves but its acting like its hitting stops at either end.

Before I dive into the uncomfortable position of under dash work and possibly waste a bunch of time and skin, what is the correct pedal travel these cars should have? Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
2012 SRT Charger, 2003 Ram hemi, 2005 Magnum
2,523 Posts
Sounds about right. Your motor might be crapping out. I'm still parting out my 06 that has those if yours is toast.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
My 2006 R/T R&T Charger had the adjustable pedals. I'm tall so had them all the way back but IIRC it was probably 2-3 inches of travel certainly not less than an inch.

Probably the only option I miss from my 2006.... seriously wish the Plus package came with adjustable pedals that would have been great otherwise my 2019 runs circles around the 2006.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I kinda figured something wasn't right. Well looks like I'll have to fold myself up and get under there to figure out the problem. Hopefully the pedals are stuck in the 'up' position as it sure would be nice to have the extra leg room being 6'-8in. tall. I'll post my findings when I get time to fiddle with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well i had time to mess with the pedals today and found the problem---

Took off the lower dash cover-
Vehicle Gear shift Plant Car Motor vehicle

disconnected the main motor cable on the gas pedal and the gas pedal moved the full up and down travel, that is a positive sign...

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive wheel system

on to the brake pedal motor gears and removed the three screws holding the cover for the worm gears together-

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

there is the brake pedal drive gear,
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gear Rim Automotive design

started to turn the gear and the pedal moves accordingly until i see this
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Jaw Gear Rim

yup split gear causing the bind.
Hand Finger King cobra Wood Thumb

Not too surprised but i was happy to be able to finally (manually) move the pedals al the way down and gain that extra inches of leg room. Now off to find a new gear. Luckily it only took about 45 minutes to do all this so it was an easy job and hopefully it helps someone down the road..
;

Reactions: djalbin
1 - 5 of 5 Posts