Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PCV Valve - Check and replace, if necessary. That's what our maintenance schedule says. Well, here it is:

The PCV valve is sealed to the intake manifold with two o-rings.
Remove PCV valve by unscrewing 90 degrees until it just pops out. I found pliers to be handy.

After tabs have cleared, pull valve straight up from intake manifold.
Check condition of two valve O-rings - grease them with a little engine oil, which should be almost dripping from the PCV valve anyway, just smear a little on the o-rings with your finger.

Give it a little shake - it should rattle. If it doesn't rattle, you need to replace it. Good luck finding it. I tried checker and autozone, they can't even order it yet. At checker, only the MOPAR part came up, listed at $42, but it wasn't available for order.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
rockauto.com lists them at $37 each ...

great write-up ! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
So thats the PCV valve.....i took that thing off and painted the top sublime last year

Just checked it and it seems to be fine, thanks for the "how to"

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
great write up, i didnt know how to change one thanks, at what miles do you change it?

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
I knew where it was, but just didn't know how to check if it's still working. So shaking it is the way to check if it's good?

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I knew where it was, but just didn't know how to check if it's still working. So shaking it is the way to check if it's good?
Yes .... shake it ... if it rattles, then it is still not gunked up and working properly ...

·
Registered
313 Posts
You've made the famous "How do I... Everything" thread..

·
Registered
919 Posts
If you a have a 3.5L, that's NOT where the PCV is located.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I just changed mine yesterday :)

Here's the old white one (new piece is all black) and the packaging showing the part # I got from trademotion.com (aka Franklin Sussex Auto Mall) for about $27 + shipping :

PS : I originally ordered from rockauto.com, the part number listed for the 2007s, but then I got an e-mail saying the part number is no longer available and the order was cancelled, so I ordered the Mopar piece from trademotion.com :)

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can these valves be cleaned and put back or does a new one have to be put in? :confused:

·
Registered
898 Posts
you can clean it
just put a little oil on the o-rings again before you put it back in

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
The 3.5 probably doesnt have one. Not much use for one

·
Registered
35 Posts
What???? then where do you hook up the bt catch can at?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of the correct location of a catch can installed on a 3.5L? Where is the pcv? The hose barb that is in right valve cover that the hose going to the intake is welded /pressed in. Do i nee to remove the valve cover to replace the pvc valve?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts