Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time I've done this. Car hasn't been driven since mid december, and with all the snow and we've gotten, unlikely to be driven for awhile. So, called the insurance company and took it off the road until April 1. It will save be $250, but dang it's hard looking at it sitting in the garage. I had to move it out of the way today, and of course the battery was dead :(

Put the charger on long enough to start it and for about 30 minutes it sat idling in the driveway, pulled it back into the garage and pulled the iod fuse.

Hating my DD even more lately ;)

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Ha...I know the feeling this is the first winter that I have not driven the Daytona...I do have a really clean 01 neon as a dd, but its no Daytona..I cant wait for spring

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
You guys are wimps...:grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
You guys are wimps...:grin:

Ha! As D stated! And he has an SRT!
Pah! I enjoyed my baby today, red llight, first one there, so when green turned, had in in Autostick, WOT baby! Ohhh it felt so good in a long time! Cant wait til tomorrow it is supposed to be warmer... Might leave some good traxxx!

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Hey now..the only reason my Daytona is parked is because my daily drive went from 22 miles a day to 80 miles a day..30mpgs...or 14...I can only afford so many smiles per gallon!

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Haha ok good reasoning there, ill drink to that.
Mgd and a stogie right now, dog at my feet, cat keeping watch in the window.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Nice!! Im chilling with my Guiness Beer, pugs on my side and chargerforums on the laptop and Bad Ink on the tube

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Mines away since middle of November :( Only got to drive it for about a month. So you bet you're 5$$ I can't wait till spring :D
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1389504560.532573.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
I dunno. I didn't get my car to not drive it.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dunno. I didn't get my car to not drive it.
Mines not a garage queen, it gets driven... however with my health issues and getting slammed with snow, it's staying in the garage. It will be a 9 month car, I'll continue piling miles on my POS DD for driving back and forth to work. Worst part, for some reason the recent bitter cold took out my aftermarket remote start on the POS.

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
Mines not a garage queen, it gets driven... however with my health issues and getting slammed with snow, it's staying in the garage. It will be a 9 month car, I'll continue piling miles on my POS DD for driving back and forth to work. Worst part, for some reason the recent bitter cold took out my aftermarket remote start on the POS.
This part I missed. My sympathies.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I don't blame you at all, mine hits the hole as soon as the first layer of sand and salt is layed down. Can't believe that you didn't pull the power relay the first time, Hope you charged the battery more after you parked it again. I turned off my insurance last year when I was out for rotator cuff surgery and probably should this year too but haven't yet even though I haven't had brake calipers on the car for a month!

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yesterday while once again pulling out the snow blower, couldn't help but stop and stare at PCD and long to be able to drive her again. She's not going anywhere even if I hadn't turned off the road coverage for a couple of months :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts