Charger Forums banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Which who needs to have even more punch at 70 MPH? LOL unless you run a lot of interstate, I suppose. That was another reason why I got the SP WB vs the HC..this is risky enough as far as getting into trouble. I haven't driven a HC, but I would be afraid that I would want to stretch its legs to really enjoy it. Much of what I have heard/read is that the 392 and HC are nearly identical until you get up into the speed as you had mentioned. (50-70 MPH)
I use similar logic when I settled on my R/T... coming from a 2006 R/T it was much faster just having the 8 speed and the Eagle heads/VVT. I was flirting with Scat Packs but it was so hard to find any V8 Charger without a sun roof.

Yesterday I was chatting with a neighbor that was hosting a youth church thing in his back yard and here comes a Hellcat Redeye Charger in Torred with no sun roof, he was dropping off his kid! Super nice guy just picked it up in March. I told him I had the junior starter kit right behind him! I asked him what he does in winter and he drive his stick shift Mazada 3!

Once I found a good V8 that was post 2017 with that active exhaust that was good enough for me... add in the fact it is a 2019 with the performance fasicas and even better.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I use similar logic when I settled on my R/T... coming from a 2006 R/T it was much faster just having the 8 speed and the Eagle heads/VVT. I was flirting with Scat Packs but it was so hard to find any V8 Charger without a sun roof.

Yesterday I was chatting with a neighbor that was hosting a youth church thing in his back yard and here comes a Hellcat Redeye Charger in Torred with no sun roof, he was dropping off his kid! Super nice guy just picked it up in March. I told him I had the junior starter kit right behind him! I asked him what he does in winter and he drive his stick shift Mazada 3!

Once I found a good V8 that was post 2017 with that active exhaust that was good enough for me... add in the fact it is a 2019 with the performance fasicas and even better.
Yeah, I've had some Charger RT's as rental (a couple of the older gen and at least one of the most current). I thought the RT seemed plenty quick and it sounds awesome, without having to stomp on it like with many cars. How tall are you that you can't have a sunroof?? That was one of my "required" options when I had ordered my car. I don't use them so much for the airflow, but I think it makes the cabin feel more spacious.

LOL starter kit

·
Registered
2014 R/T Phantom Black
442 Posts
That was one of my "required" options when I had ordered my car. I don't use them so much for the airflow, but I think it makes the cabin feel more spacious.
With the sunroof people strictly divided to 2 categories - for ones is "must to be if possible" for others "must not to be".
At least in Dodge Charger, I think it "eats space". For myself, I know, that I do not want sun to be inside of the car, blinding me, neither hot air with dust, or any protentional leaks over a time, hence asked not to add it to my Charger.

·
Registered
259 Posts
With the sunroof people strictly divided to 2 categories - for ones is "must to be if possible" for others "must not to be".
At least in Dodge Charger, I think it "eats space". For myself, I know, that I do not want sun to be inside of the car, blinding me, neither hot air with dust, or any protentional leaks over a time, hence asked not to add it to my Charger.
Yeah, I know sunroofs are typically one of the hate or love options. As I said, I really don't use mine in terms of opening it lol. I mostly just leave the interior cover open so the cabin doesn't feel so enclosed. I've never had any sort of issues on any of my sunroofs. Then again, I don't keep my vehicles for decades on end either...so maybe one of the next guys gets to deal with it.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Yeah, I've had some Charger RT's as rental (a couple of the older gen and at least one of the most current). I thought the RT seemed plenty quick and it sounds awesome, without having to stomp on it like with many cars. How tall are you that you can't have a sunroof?? That was one of my "required" options when I had ordered my car. I don't use them so much for the airflow, but I think it makes the cabin feel more spacious.

LOL starter kit
I'm 6 foot 7 and tall in the saddle... the sunroof cuts 1.7 inches of headroom from a car that doesn't have a ton of headroom to begin with. I generally don't mind them in cars that have plenty of headroom like my wife's Honda Pilot but I would never order a car with one even if I fit. I never open them, it costs $1,500-$2,000, adds weight and can some day leak.... hard pass.

Dealers almost always add them on all but the most base models so very hard to find a V8 Charger with the Plus group or a Daytona without one unless it was a customer order.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm 6 foot 7 and tall in the saddle... the sunroof cuts 1.7 inches of headroom from a car that doesn't have a ton of headroom to begin with. I generally don't mind them in cars that have plenty of headroom like my wife's Honda Pilot but I would never order a car with one even if I fit. I never open them, it costs $1,500-$2,000, adds weight and can some day leak.... hard pass.

Dealers almost always add them on all but the most base models so very hard to find a V8 Charger with the Plus group or a Daytona without one unless it was a customer order.
Ahh, so you are tall lol. I'm "only" about 6'2". Yeah, I never open mine either..its just used more as a window than anything. I had ordered my car with the sunroof in it. I wasn't going to add it because it really its needed and it would've saved a little of money...but I didn't want the regret of not getting it either.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I was always a sunroof person until my R/T sustained hail damage and the moonroof leaked every time it rained for a year and a half until it was finally repaired correctly.

Then realized I never used it. So I'm on the no thanks bandwagon now.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Ahh, so you are tall lol. I'm "only" about 6'2". Yeah, I never open mine either..its just used more as a window than anything. I had ordered my car with the sunroof in it. I wasn't going to add it because it really its needed and it would've saved a little of money...but I didn't want the regret of not getting it either.
The Hellcat Redeye guy looked like a smaller dude he just said he didn't like the look of the Torred paint with the black sun roof. He had the matte black hood which looked fantastic and so did that Sepia leather!

61 - 68 of 68 Posts