Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I had cash money for a car to hand the dealership.. what would I expect to pay for the Dodge Charger in each of the styles? The 07 after all the incentives. My zip code is 39702 if you need that for the incentives. Thanks alot for the help!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, is now the time to buy the 07 or will the rebates get better?

·
Registered
689 Posts
I doubt if a dealer cares if you have cash or not as their getting paid either way.. in fact, you probably could negotiate more if you finance through them as they get a part of that... And then use your $ to pay it off, assing no prepayment penalties.. I'd imagine the dealer ship get's a flat amount (or % based on the financed amount) and to get you to finance and then you can pay off after that with no impact to them..

JK

·
Registered
74 Posts
I paid 27,000 for my New Silver R/T with R&T 2 weeks ago, does not include taxes. But I did not finance.

6 Posts
When I bought my 06 Charger R/T + R/T fully loaded, I paid cash for it ( $37,500) after taxes. The reason I paid cash was because they wanted to get me on the APR (9.99%). So, I decided to negotiate for the price of the car (as if I was going to finance) and then pay cash after they went as low as they could on the car. I think that I got a good deal as I paid less than invoice :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help so far guys. The invoice is a little over 20,000 - 2000 rebates = 18,000 for the base SE Charger. So, I guess it comes down to how much can I get it below 18,000.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Don't tell them you're paying cash before you negotiate, tell them you haven't decided yet and sound interested in their financing. These days they're more likely to give you a better price if they think you're going to finance w/them...b/c then they make the APR off you since you have a loan through them. Saying that it's a cash purchase can do more harm then good. Get them down as low as possible, get it in writing, and THEN tell them you've decided to pay cash.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I did my deal all over emails, i never went in only to sign the papers. I had two deals set up both of them trying to undercut the other, finally I got my dealer to throw in lojack to make the deal worth it.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
It is easier to see what your paying for it because you dont have to play the "what do you want your payment to be?" game.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've never had them play that game with me. I'll get the lowest price in writing, then take it to or call a couple of other dealers w/in a reasonable driving distance...then I get them to compete :) I LOVE shopping and negotiating for cars!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
When I bought my 06 Charger R/T + R/T fully loaded, I paid cash for it ( $37,500) after taxes. The reason I paid cash was because they wanted to get me on the APR (9.99%). So, I decided to negotiate for the price of the car (as if I was going to finance) and then pay cash after they went as low as they could on the car. I think that I got a good deal as I paid less than invoice :)
I didn't realize in 06 R/T's were $37,500. Wow I think you may have gotten hosed!

·
Registered
37 Posts
i always tell my customers this one truth. its cash to us either way. either we get the check from you or from the bank. if youre gonna pay cash i suggest doing a one pay lease and saving yourself some money.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
I got my '06 last summer, base R/t with sunroof for $22000 in august of '06. I traded in my '05 Jeep GC and got $20,000 for it.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Yeah they say anymore that you will get a better price if u finance. Negotiate as much as possible before you tell them you are using cash.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Originally Posted by 5.7_on22"_forgiatoExtremo When I bought my 06 Charger R/T + R/T fully loaded said:
I didn't realize in 06 R/T's were $37,500.

Wow I think you may have gotten hosed!
Um, sorry but you might have gotten hosed on that one (38K out the door here)
Rule of Thumb - never discuss finances until after the price of the car is negotiated. :no:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts