Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today while driving home,stopped to let some kids cross the street.As they started to cross the street.an Exterra came flying out from a side street.Freaked out when I saw him hit the girl and go right over her.Fortunatly being an suv ,she rolled under it and out before rear tires could run her over.Stopped to assist and waited for help. An offduty paramedic came by to check her out. He told the guy on phone talking to 911 no need to call an ambulance because she was alright.Seeing what happened I told him just tell them to come anyway ,and he said theyre comming.Couldnt believe that offduty paramedic guy trying to cancel the ambulance.Well,the girl was able to walk to the ambulance and was checked out.She was then taken away.I think she is going to be ok.She was one luky little girl thank God.

·
Registered
831 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Was this at a crosswalk? because if it wasnt, you actually created a blindspot for the Xterra. Just wondering, not lecturing. And I drive for a living, and i see people ripping through school zones, changing lanes, every day. Really pisses me off. Why are people in such a freaking hurry?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I see that many mornings, where my kid went to school last year. Flashing 25MPH speed limit side each direction, yet people go FLYING down the SHOULDER, passing people because they don't want to wait. Several crossing guards have been hit, none killed, yet, but we're cycling through them pretty good.

I've even seen that when someone dares to block the shoulder with their car to prevent it, those people just drive up on the grass then (completely off the road), as if they are justified in getting around the traffic no matter what. It is simply amazing what people will do, just because they are slowed down a little bit due to kids crossing the street trying to get to school.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I see this as well, some drivers just refuse to brake, i.e. he's driving in a lane and he see's that the drivers ahead of them are stopped and decides instead of stopping and wait for traffic to start moving again the driver jerks to the other lane without looking. I actually saw this happen in front of me yesterday, I was stopped at red light in the left turn lane and I see this older model white sedan in the left lane heading south, and another later model white volvo in the right lane next to him. They both pass in the intersection in front of me about the same time, the driver in the left lane see the traffic stopped in front of him and decides to turn into the right lane without looking and doesn't see the volvo thats right next to him. He was able to stop barely in time, but it came very close to an accident. I also saw something like this a couple of weeks ago, this time the driver wasn't as lucky. I was on my way to the store when I notice that traffic seems to be slowing down, which seems odd unless there has been an accident. I finally get to the point to where I can see whats causing the slow down. The cause of the accident? A driver was stuck behind the bus in the right lane when the bus stopped to make a pick up. The driver behind the bus decided to instead of waiting, to pull out from behind the bus and go around. The driver didn't look to see if any traffic was coming in the left and pulled out. When the driver pulled out, bam!, the driver was hit by the car in the left lane. But the driver in the left lane was not any ordinary driver, it was the local PD in a marked unit. I couldn't imagine what the driver that pulled out without looking felt.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I get very nervous when I come to a stop for kids and people in the other lane are still flying by and the poor kids are standing there like they don't know what to do. That girl will sure have one heck of a story to tell about that time an SUV ran her down.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Today while driving home,stopped to let some kids cross the street.As they started to cross the street.an Exterra came flying out from a side street.Freaked out when I saw him hit the girl and go right over her.Fortunatly being an suv ,she rolled under it and out before rear tires could run her over.Stopped to assist and waited for help. An offduty paramedic came by to check her out. He told the guy on phone talking to 911 no need to call an ambulance because she was alright.Seeing what happened I told him just tell them to come anyway ,and he said theyre comming.Couldnt believe that offduty paramedic guy trying to cancel the ambulance.Well,the girl was able to walk to the ambulance and was checked out.She was then taken away.I think she is going to be ok.She was one luky little girl thank God.
What happened to the Exterra? Surely they didn't keep going?!! People like that suck. You should have chased them down and made a citizen's arrest!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The kids were in a cross walk. The driver stopped and called 911.Driver was comming out of a side street,with the crosswalk parallel to the side street and off to the left of driver.He should have seen those kids almost directly in front of him alittle to the left and across the street from him.All I saw was him take off and hit the girl.Now that I think about it,I think she was hit at an angle as he was turning left and straightening out and thrown to the side thankfully.Otherwise I wouldnt have seen her get hit and she would have gotten run over.She got hit in center of suv thats why I thougth she went under. Its a good think she had a helmet on as she was on a scateboard like scooter. He ended up stopping about 10 to 15 feet away from the crosswalk. That how fast he was going and how he wasnt paying attention.Ambulance and cops came and took every ones statements and let the driver go. Driver was concerned about the girl, but it should not have ever happened.One of the kids said he was on a cellphone but he denied it .

·
Registered
708 Posts
Today must have been one of those days! I had a car come across the freeway from the fast lane to into the wall next to the slow lane - 5 lanes - about 3 car lengths in front of me this morning. The car accelerated as it came across and the worst thing for me was I was riding my Harley. Luckily she didn't hit anyone else. She was shook up though - probably hit head on about 55mph. Coulda been a real bad day if I'd have been traveling about 5 mph faster than I was!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.