Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2018 Charger V6 police car and bought a set of 2015 Charger 20" aluminum wheels, front passenger upper control arm joint rubs top of tread it is a 245 tire, has 14-1/4" rotors if it matters, drivers side does not rub, has about 3/4 to 1" clearance. Is this common? Are these not compatible or should I look for strut problem?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Sounds like you bought 20x9 wheels with 25.5 mm offset... those only fit properly on cars equipped with "SRT" front spindles (older SRTs, Scat Packs and Hellcats).

Post a picture of the wheels were they from a Scat Pack?

There are millions of OEM 20x8 24 mm offset wheels out there that will fit just fine.

EDIT - I see you said the top of the tread... well something is wrong you should have clearance... maybe the police jumped a lot of curbs?!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll get a pic. The guy I got the rims from didnt say scat pack, but im not sure. The car drives perfect with the good years 18s
Sounds like you bought 20x9 wheels with 25.5 mm offset... those only fit properly on cars equipped with "SRT" front spindles (older SRTs, Scat Packs and Hellcats).

Post a picture of the wheels were they from a Scat Pack?

There are millions of OEM 20x8 24 mm offset wheels out there that will fit just fine.

EDIT - I see you said the top of the tread... well something is wrong you should have clearance... maybe the police jumped a lot of curbs?!

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
The wheels you posted pictures of are OEM wheels from 2015 to 2019 Charger. They are 20X8 with a 24mm offset.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel Hubcap

·
Registered
309 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

I had those wheels Original to my 16 Road and Track

Those tires in the pictures look much taller than a 245/45/20. Here are my OEM tires. China cheapo tires can vary quite a bit in size, but just looks taller to me.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tire Bumper Wheel

Those tires are 275/45/20 tires, definitely taller than stock

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
/\ x2. You need 275/40-20 to get the same side wall height of a 245/45-20 tire.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber
Font Rectangle Material property Screenshot Parallel

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Jesus 275/45/20 has no business even being on a 20x8 wheel! With your V6 I'd stick with the OEM size of 245/45/20 no need for the extra unsprung weight you're not having traction issues with a good tire.

Get those craptastic tires off a buy some real rubber. Looks like the were rubbing on the spindle on the inside too!

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Your tires are way too tall and that is why it is rubbing the nut on the control arm. They are also way too wide for an 8" rim - 275's need a 9 or 9.5" wide wheel (245 is about the max size to safely run on an 8" wide rim).

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yeah, got a set of 20x9.5 and back then 275/40/20 Atturo AZ-850 was $410 for a set of 4 delivered via Amazon Prime.

I sold those 20x8 bare, and sold the 245/45/20 cheap locally. The 275's came in while I still had the 245 and wow they were so much bigger.
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Tread

1 - 11 of 11 Posts