Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Passed Inspection without cure for 0430/0420

I have had the P0430 and P0420 codes for a couple months now. Saturday,

I was able to get my inspection done today, and passed with no codes.
My theory for passing is once I cleared the code, I drove around for about 90 miles never cruising with RPM lower than 2000 (3rd gear in the city and 4th on the highway). I went for the inspection because the engine light did not blink this morning when the charging light went out. (this is an indication that all the OBDII test have been run)
Every time the code has triggered I was driving in the city at 35-45 mph (rpm around 1500. My theory is that the LT headers reduce exhaust velocity at low rpms so the cats are not at optimum temp when the test is run.

Sunday,
Well, after passing the OBD II inspection I reset the computer with the Flashpaq.After 40 miles of driving normally I got the P0430 code. When the CEL came on I was holding a steady speed at about 1400 rpm.
So, when I drove in manual mode (keeping the rpms around 2000 whenever I was holding a steady speed) I put a little more than 90 miles on the car without a code being triggered and it was able to satisfy all the OBD II required data for inspection.
So if you’re having trouble with the P0430 and P0420 codes give this a try.
-Clear the codes with a programmer or pulling fuses
-Keep the rpms at or above 2000 when driving around.
-every couple of days, turn the key to the On position without starting the car, wait and see if the engine light blinks when all the other indicator lights have gone out. When the lightning bolt between ( ) goes out the engine light will blink if all the emissions test have not been completed. If the engine light does not blink then your good to pass the OBD II inspection.
It could be dumb luck but if some others try it, we could find out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts