Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anybody knows a Canadian website to get parts for my Charger. I just figured it might save me some money instead of getting it shipped from the states all the time....

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
Just curious if anybody knows a Canadian website to get parts for my Charger. I just figured it might save me some money instead of getting it shipped from the states all the time....
There was a thread on here about this a while back. I think there are a couple. But, with the dollar being at 95 cents US, and the fact that prices are cheaper in the US, you may be better off buying form the sates. It's not like the old days when we had a 63 cent dollar. Do your homework before you buy anything...you could save some money.

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree that our dollar is good, I just thought with shipping, duty, exchange rate I MIGHT get a better deal staying domestic... Just thought I would look around and see the difference

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
I agree that our dollar is good, I just thought with shipping, duty, exchange rate I MIGHT get a better deal staying domestic... Just thought I would look around and see the difference
I could be wrong, but I don't think there is duty on auto parts due to the NAFTA. Let me know what you find out...

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Can't you just drive over to the factory and just pick up the parts you need?:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't you just drive over to the factory and just pick up the parts you need?:lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL no Im on the other side of the country from the factory... WEST COAST BABY! Now stop hijacking my thread :lol:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could be wrong, but I don't think there is duty on auto parts due to the NAFTA. Let me know what you find out...

-=FLEX=-
I was not aware of that... thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
LOL! I work in Brampton. I guess I could. I wonder if they have a public showroom...:)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
LOL no Im on the other side of the country from the factory... WEST COAST BABY! Now stop hijacking my thread :lol:
No hijacking intended. Just looking at other alternatives to get you your parts..:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
474 Posts

-=FLEX=-

well i still payed duty on my SRT pedal set. and the grill for my 300.

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
We ship to Canada along with all other parts of the world if you decide to order from the states.
I sent you an e-mail a while back when you were arranging a group purchase on Corsa exhaust systems and you never replied, so I had assumed that you did not...

-=FLEX=-

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
well i still payed duty on my SRT pedal set. and the grill for my 300.
The vendor needs to include a certificate of origin in order for you to not pay duty...

·
Registered
676 Posts
The vendor needs to include a certificate of origin in order for you to not pay duty...
So if I were to purchase something for say $1000 and was told that it would cost $70 for shipping then my total cost would be $1070? I was under the impression that there would be additional fees for crossing the border. Hopefully someone who knows all of this stuff will get the info posted that we need. Some of the vendors input would probably be the best, since they deal with shipping across borders all the time.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We ship to Canada along with all other parts of the world if you decide to order from the states. The NAFTA agreement is included with orders that ship to our friends up there.

Tom

TBYRNE MOTORSPORTS LLC
ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
E-MAIL - [email protected]

CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR WEEKLY SPECIALS! INSTALLATION SPECIALS AVAILABLE!
Thanks Tom, I will def keep you guys in mind when Im ready to order

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
So if I were to purchase something for say $1000 and was told that it would cost $70 for shipping then my total cost would be $1070? I was under the impression that there would be additional fees for crossing the border. Hopefully someone who knows all of this stuff will get the info posted that we need. Some of the vendors input would probably be the best, since they deal with shipping across borders all the time.
It depends on two things: The nature of the product (whether or not it is exempt from duties) and proper paperwork fomr the shipper/vendor. If there is no paperwork (certificate of origin) they will likely assess duty. I know printed material for sure is never exempt from duty, but car parts should be. You will also be assessed 6.0% GST by whatever customs broker brings it across the border for you. And they will likely insist on being paid for the duty (if applicable) and GST on or before delivery, unless you specifically have an account (which is unlikely unless you own a business and do a lot of importing).

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
69 Posts
I get my Mopar Parts from these guys. Tell 'em your from ChargerForums and they are usually at par or better compared to moparsupercentre.

http://www.eastwaychrysler.com/en/index.spy

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
I sent you an e-mail a while back when you were arranging a group purchase on Corsa exhaust systems and you never replied, so I had assumed that you did not...

-=FLEX=-
That's strange. We reply to all e-mail that we receive even if it is to say that we can't help. It could have been picked up by our Spam program or maybe yours grabbed it. I've talked to some customers that said they found our e-mail weeks later.

Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts