Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm walking up to my car yesterday after being in the store and see a bunch of scratches on the back door, driver side. Upon close inspection I see that there are like 20-30 small scratches all over, like someone rubbed against it with something (jerks!). So of course I'm all kinds of fuming here but what I want to ask you all is, is there any kind of scratch touch up paint that perfectly matches the black crystalline paint?
They aren't super big gouges that everyone can notice, just small hairlike scratches, but I know they are there. And I don't want to make a further mess by trying to fix them.
So is there something I can use or do I have to live with it until I dish out for a paint job?
(sorry for the long post)

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
sorry to here that, it sucks with black paint, or any other dark color. anyways, dont use turtle wax brand scratch remover, all it does is make more scrathes. i havent used any other scratch remover because im afraid of making even more. i have heard good things about Meguires though. good luck and if you did find a good scratch remover please post it

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
So I'm walking up to my car yesterday after being in the store and see a bunch of scratches on the back door, driver side. Upon close inspection I see that there are like 20-30 small scratches all over, like someone rubbed against it with something (jerks!). So of course I'm all kinds of fuming here but what I want to ask you all is, is there any kind of scratch touch up paint that perfectly matches the black crystalline paint?
They aren't super big gouges that everyone can notice, just small hairlike scratches, but I know they are there. And I don't want to make a further mess by trying to fix them.
So is there something I can use or do I have to live with it until I dish out for a paint job?
If you cannot feel the scratches with your fingernail, then you just need to polish and seal the clearcoat (no repaint). A pro can do it at a detailing place, or you can remove scratches and swirls with a porter-cable buffer and some good product by yourself. If you have a black car, the porter cable will probably be a good investment. Here is some good reading....
http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/66348-new-black-acura-fine-scratches-need-polish-info.html

·
Registered
831 Posts
i feel your pain. im never gettin a black car again. at least not as a daily driver. if they went thru the paint the dealer sells touch-up paint that can be applied with a pen or brush.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
This is why I always part far away in one of the corners in the parking lo,t and use two spaces.
That way I dont piss anyone off..

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I've had very good results with the NuFinish Scratch remover on my black SRT8. If they are relatively minor and aren't deeper than the clear coat, this should work well. Clean the area really well with rubbing alcohol, like ten or more times with a clean rag. Use the scratch remover as directed. Finish off with the polish of your choice. I've used NuFinish with good results but I like ICE about the best.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your responses everyone. I'll give that Nufinish Scratch remover a try. I'm willing to try anything. Already have some ICE polish here. Thanks again!
Oh and I usually do park in the far end of the lot. Go figure the one time I'm a little too trusting. I've been kicking myself about it ever since. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts