Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard from my friendly Dodge sales guy that our local dealer is going to get a Blue '08 Super Bee (one of only 800 made?). Don't know yet when it will arrive, but I'll keep you posted and show the pics as soon as possible after it's here.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Boy this has taken a long time, but I just got word last week that the Blue Bee (#272 of 1000) has finally arrived. I asked the salesman to send me some pictures, but he hasn't had time yet. So I'll be going down for my own shots tomorrow.

Option Grps 1 & 2, no nav and no rear VES. MSRP $44,035! He said if there are no takers, they probably won't have it more than a month. Then they will dealer trade it, probably for another "truck." Yuck... not that there's anything wrong with trucks...

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok... here are some pictures I took this morning... enjoy. BTW... my salesman friend told me they have already sold three Challenger SRT8... two orange and one black to local folks, so I will be seeing them around town in the spring! WOOHOO!

Given the bright sunshine, the angel they had it sitting in the showroom wasn't the best, but it still looks awesome!

Close-up on the rear tail light. I imagine one could say the new antenae on the roof is the Bee's "stinger" but I'd still prefer the old nub design.

Kicker Sub in the trunk.

New design 20" rims with "blacked out" SRT...

ALCOA fordged, bery plainly evident...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Very hot. If I didn't have my 07, I'd be all over the Blue Bees. Nice car.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Engine Bay shots... note shock covers and PCM cover still missing. Fuse box has no fins or aluminum showing in front.

Functional hood scoop (only for a breeze within the engine bay)...

The Bee quarter panel badge... slight different that previous...

One final look from the front...

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now on to the interior...
Number badge (272 or 1000) is much smaller and more difficult to read...

Center bezel... definitely more "300-like"... this one 6CD/MP3 player (note aux. input at lower right), but not NAV...

Steering wheel and instrument cluster... again the cluster is more like the 300 than previous Chargers/Magnums...

The new key and key hole... as well as the new cruise control stub on the right of the steering column...

Driver's seat... SRT embroidery is not just white and the pipe stitching isn't color coded... rather the center pseude inserts have blue poka dots...

Closer shot of the bottom insert and the blue dots...

On the other hnad... The center console does have the blue stitching. This is the two-way center console. Under the top there are two tabs... press one (don't remember right or left) and pull up and just the top comes up to reveal a shallow storage area... press the other one and pull up and the shallow compartment comes up with the top and reveals the deeper storage compartment.

I think that's all the pix I got... who's going to take this baby?!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Awesome color!... Too bad no '08 R/T's in that color..

In cleveland they are all over the place at the dealerships.. in fact Ganley West HAD 3 of them listed in their inventory.. all consecutive VINs.. I jsut see 2 today..lol

JK

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Awesome color!... Too bad no '08 R/T's in that color..

In cleveland they are all over the place at the dealerships.. in fact Ganley West HAD 3 of them listed in their inventory.. all consecutive VINs.. I jsut see 2 today..lol

JK
I saw a blue bee at Spitzer's on Brookpark in Cleveland last week. Looked at the number but I cant remember. Not really crazy about them.

-GB

·
Registered
89 Posts
Rare???? HAHA

18 on ebay right now.. love how RARE these Bee's are..LOL.. wait till the Challengers hit the showrooms and watch these prices NOSE DIVE!

Next year will be fun with the 2009 Challengers flooding the market and the Camaro coming out in the fall of 09. Poor Poor left over Bee holders (the stealerships) HAHA!

The Yellow Bee's are much nicer looking

Meadowbrook Dodge in Rochester Hills, MI has 3 of them.

·
Registered
351 Posts
18 on ebay right now.. love how RARE these Bee's are..LOL.. wait till the Challengers hit the showrooms and watch these prices NOSE DIVE!

Next year will be fun with the 2009 Challengers flooding the market and the Camaro coming out in the fall of 09. Poor Poor left over Bee holders (the stealerships) HAHA!

The Yellow Bee's are much nicer looking
Well they aren't the rarest car out there but there only going to be a 1000 made some say maybe only 800. Have you thought maybe there are allot on E-Bay right now because the Bee assembly run has finished and all the dealers are now taking delivery of them ? I really don't think the Challenger or the Camaro is going to effect the Charger SRT or SuperBee market at all because they are targeting an even a more limited market being a 2 door. I personally think the Challenger and Camaro wont make it 5 years before they stop production due to poor sales.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Meadowbrook Dodge in Rochester Hills, MI has 3 of them.
Yep they have #150, #014 (or was it #015?) and one more in the back.

·
Registered
67 Posts
There's 1 in Vacaville Ca. dont remember the badge number because i was focused on a plum crazy plus sticker shock of 60 grand plus had both my son and myself in shock. The blue bee is moore impressive in person than in pictures.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Blue Bee is staying local. Whoopeee! We went by the dealership last night after church choir rehearsal and it was gone. So I sent a message to my salesman buddy and he replied this morning that he sold it to someone in one of our local communitities... approx. 10-15 miles from my location. He said he told them about the forums, so I hope he/she checks in here sometime!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts