Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just hooked up the new Panasonic double din into my Charger and it is awesome. Definitely one of the fastest navi units out there, the navi is built in so theres no external module and no CD to load.

I installed it myself thanks to ping... Will post some pics soon.
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44189Will post some pics soon

Panasonic Strada CN-NVD905U 770.00 shipped (new)
Navi Bezel from s_dyme 50.00 shipped (new)
Metra kit Install kit 22.00 shipped
CAN BUS harness 90.00 bought at local car audio shop
932.00 installed with a total of 3 man hours
and 3 beers...(school night)

Eclipse AVN5510 890.00
Kenwood DNX7100 985.00
Pioner AVIC-D3 745.00

Decided to go with Panasonic over Eclipse because of price, and Pioneer because it was longer by .9" size matters

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally got my digital camera which I was supposed to receive 2 weeks ago and took some pics today. After a busy summer I decided to give my car some love again and I finally got around to putting on the chin spoiler which I painted myself to match the car. I also attached a rear view camera to the LCD, enjoy. 22"s on the way...

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
continued...

Chin Spoiler $70
Paint/Supplies $40
Rear View Camera $33
Debadging $0

I am taking the bracket off of the camera and attaching to the top of the license plate, they are too big. Should come clear.

Attachments

·
Registered
831 Posts
Finally got my digital camera which I was supposed to receive 2 weeks ago and took some pics today. After a busy summer I decided to give my car some love again and I finally got around to putting on the chin spoiler which I painted myself to match the car. I also attached a rear view camera to the LCD, enjoy. 22"s on the way...
Hey CD, hows the clarity of the camera? Post up a few pics....Is that a wireless cam?

·
Registered
90 Posts
It look great, I think i'm going to get one too. What is the CAN BUS harness for?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was reluctant to spend $150+ plus on a super clear camera, the bottom line is I really only care for it in reverse, so I bought a cheap one off of ebay after reading some guys feedback and everyone that bought seemed to happy with it. It has an awesome picture for $37 with shipping and honestly its night picture might be better than day picture. Only downside is shadowy areas like alleys because it is so low, but thats only in the daytime, night looks fine wherever. It is not wireless, red for power, black for ground, and the RCA cable runs directly to any head unit compatible with NTSC format which is usually the standard.

The CAN BUS harness is to plug all the wires from the head unit to the stock plug, in the charger. You connect all the wires to the harness and simply plug it together and your done.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I was reluctant to spend $150+ plus on a super clear camera, the bottom line is I really only care for it in reverse, so I bought a cheap one off of ebay after reading some guys feedback and everyone that bought seemed to happy with it. It has an awesome picture for $37 with shipping and honestly its night picture might be better than day picture. Only downside is shadowy areas like alleys because it is so low, but thats only in the daytime, night looks fine wherever. It is not wireless, red for power, black for ground, and the RCA cable runs directly to any head unit compatible with NTSC format which is usually the standard.

The CAN BUS harness is to plug all the wires from the head unit to the stock plug, in the charger. You connect all the wires to the harness and simply plug it together and your done.
Thanks, reason I asked is because I have one sitting here that I want to do myself but was a little afraid with all the wires and such got a quote for 100 bucks but I know its a 20 min job. So where did you run the wires behind your license plate? Any pics of that?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, reason I asked is because I have one sitting here that I want to do myself but was a little afraid with all the wires and such got a quote for 100 bucks but I know its a 20 min job. So where did you run the wires behind your license plate? Any pics of that?
I will try and get you a close up, but I just used the existing hole and ran the wire through (where license plate bulb is). But instead of running it right or left I went down in order to be able to reach it from behind.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Cool Beans, thanks CD!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts