Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm painting the chrome grill on Thursday. Will have pics right after that.

Here is what changed my mind.

Has anyone else done this? Or just ordered a new one, and how do ya like it?? Pics??

The wheels are the Bomb! Wish they had them in 18" or 20" Original. Or am I that out of touch! And that Hood..... FUHGETTABOUDIT!!!

Thanks to A14UMBRA for the car done in PhotoShop. It got me going.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks Great. I bought a brand new Pearl Black painted grille on ebay for 45.00 dollars. I haven't changed it out yet, I'm making bracket to hold my General Lee Dixie horns. my 3 boy's wanted them. Had to do it. I will change it all out at one time . The only place to install the horns is below the radiator behind the grille.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Barracuda said:
Looks Great. I bought a brand new Pearl Black painted grille on ebay for 45.00 dollars. I haven't changed it out yet, I'm making bracket to hold my General Lee Dixie horns. my 3 boy's wanted them. Had to do it. I will change it all out at one time . The only place to install the horns is below the radiator behind the grille.
oh now this really interests me...where did you pick the horns up at...how close are they to the actual sound (ie sound clips if possible)? and how much did they set you back? and oh, how hard to do? sorry so many questions but i have wanted to do this since i got the car but was kind of waiting for someone else to see what they thought.....thanks

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Have a painted black grill on order and after I did it I thought"hey why not just paint the chrome. ALso, paid a hell of a lot more then $45 on e-bay. I'm not proud - just dumb.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
nCHARGE said:
The wheels are the Bomb! Wish they had them in 18" or 20" Original. Or am I that out of touch! And that Hood..... FUHGETTABOUDIT!!!

Thanks to A14UMBRA for the car done in PhotoShop. It got me going.
I'm honored :embarrese

I believe the Cragars are available in 18" to fit the Charger. Should be about 250-300 each. "This is a job for Google!" :)

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
The Cragars come in 18" and 20". They would look sick on the car! The cheapest I've seen is $260 for the 18" I wanted to put them on my Monte Carlo but put American Racing on instead with Goodyears.
Cost me $1800.......... then a week later I see a Charger :eek: I'm picking up my car tomorrow :rockon: I'm trading in the Monte less rims of course.

BTW I plan on painting the grill also.

·
Registered
202 Posts
im gonna try my damnedst to have the car ordered with a body colored grill. either that or just buy it when i buy the car. why dodge doesnt offer this is beyond me.

·
Registered
731 Posts
i like the new ones that are 20's..the 610 or 611 series can't remember..

·
Registered
731 Posts
i wonder how much it'll cost to get a painted grill from the dealership..i would think they'd be less than the chromes..so maybe save u $$$???

·
Registered
731 Posts
how can we paste a picture to put on here???

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
FOUND THEM!

Thank you 06HOTROD.

http://www.rims-n-tires.com has Cragar 610 S/S Chrome wheels.
18x9.0 ET20 PCD 5x114.3 (5x4.5) $280.73 each

Has a "Fitment Guarantee" (for Magnum, Charger isn't in their list yet.)

From their site:
"If we sell you a package which doesn't fit or rubs or has any other fitment problems we will promptly send you a replacement or issue you a full refund including shipping cost.

We always double check all orders (including test fit when necessary) to make sure that website recommendations were accurate. We don't process the payment unless order is verified and fitment approved. "

nCharge, time to get your wallet out! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts