Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The paint is drying as I type this.
I didn't take pics of the removal and prep, you guys all know what that's about.

I'll definitely post a few pics when it is installed.
+++

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Looking forward to seeing this, I did it also!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Pics for sure!!! What paint are you guys using?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I chose a silver by duplicolor that was the closest match to the original silver radio bezel; at least according to the cap. I compared 3 different silvers, this was the only one that didn't say 'import' in the color name.

Although this has not been clear-coated yet, it is installed.

I'm trying to decide if the color match will be any different with a similar sheen to OEM.

Tell me what you think.
+++

Attachments

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Wow, that looks great! I never even thought of doing that, might have to add it to my ever-growing list of must-do mods...

Cheers :beerchug:

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
WCD, Looks nice!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
looks good. gives it a nicer look IMO

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the props guys.
I'm toying with the idea of painting the shift bezel as well, but haven't decided how much I would like it.
+++

·
Registered
264 Posts
Looks cool. I am going to redo the bezel and the surround kit for the avic D3 so that it looks a little bit more factory, except I am going to shoot it in satin silver.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent choice.
here's a pic installed w/ clearcoat.
I may spray the radio bezel so it has a closer match, but only if it start to bug me or people ask why they don't match.

I'll just say that it's closer now than it was black.
+++

Attachments

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
WCD, BT has a shifter bezel for our models('0:cool:now and I think they are really nice. I'm getting one. You might want to look at those before painting yours, just a thought.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
i did mine to match my car which is inferno Red and i get the paint from paintscratch.com which you can get exact color matched spray cans of paint and then just prepped by sanding and using their plastic primer. make sure you put a good even coat of clear to make sure it lasts

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
That looks REALLY good!!! I may have to do this to the Nanner!!!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Do mine please!!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
i did it to man !...hope it comes out great

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I only lightly sanded the mold marks flush with #220 or even finer. I did not sand the entire surface.

I used adhesion promoter, a few good coats of color & a few more of clear on top of that.

So far no scratches or marks.
+++

1 - 20 of 23 Posts