Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it ok to paint a carbon fiber hood or is it recommended that you do not. Was thinking about getting and painting carbon by design hood.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thought I would throw this in here too...I'm interested in a CF hood as well but don't know the tendencies of CF...I live in Canada so in the winter it gets very cold and we get a lot of snow obviously...What would this do to the hood?...I've heard that CF can turn sort of yellowish as well either through a lot of exposure to the sun or bad weather...Is it worth getting anything CF where I live?

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Is it ok to paint a carbon fiber hood or is it recommended that you do not. Was thinking about getting and painting carbon by design hood.
x 2 . . . It is ok to paint it. :yes:

Yeah...Turbobuckeye painted his carbon fiber hood Torred and has the hood scoop exposing the carbon Fiber. It looks nice.
Thanks, man! :bigthumb:

Thought I would throw this in here too...I'm interested in a CF hood as well but don't know the tendencies of CF...I live in Canada so in the winter it gets very cold and we get a lot of snow obviously...What would this do to the hood?...I've heard that CF can turn sort of yellowish as well either through a lot of exposure to the sun or bad weather...Is it worth getting anything CF where I live?
I have had my hood for almost 2 years now and been thru 2 summers and 1 winter with no problems. Best protection for your hood regardless where you live is to make sure you keep it clean and a little wax or polish can't hurt.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Wow, that painted carbon just looks the absolute best!!!!! Makes me salivate :)

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Stop following me!! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.