Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to this place to see if they can smoke my tail lights they said they can but its not tint that they are goin to use they said its something like paint... they said it will last as long as the paint on the car does. its not exactly the same paint that is on the car but it is similar. has anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
263 Posts
It's probably something similar to Night Shades. Do a quick search for that and it should lend some insight.

·
Registered
507 Posts
yea a shop by me said that they would just add some black to their clear coat and shoot my lights. i said no thanks and ordered some nite shades and am going to give that to the shop to have them put on instead.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where can i buy night shades? and if i do use night shades will it come out shiny or with that faded look? im guessing you have to add clear coat right??

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
heres the link its not that expensive.......:grin:
http://www.cacustomcoatings.com/vhtniteshades.html

AND ALSO HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS ONE ITS LIKE A CLEAR COAT I THINK???:confused:
i wonder if this will make them shine like their professionally done??I think shops cost way too much $ to tint lights i could do the same thing sanding,painting,taping,wet sanding ect.......all that would cost less then 50$ if you do it your self?.......some people may not be mechanically inclined but its worth a try.............:grin:
http://www.cacustomcoatings.com/vhtcllaco.html

·
Registered
221 Posts
i use to have a 95 camaro that i blacked out the lights to, i bought somthing like the night shades and came out pretty good but kind dull looking, not to shiny. the best results i have seen is just like u said a body shop mixing black into clear, they come out really shiny. but i also have never seen the niteshades so ......

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
i use to have a 95 camaro that i blacked out the lights to, i bought somthing like the night shades and came out pretty good but kind dull looking, not to shiny. the best results i have seen is just like u said a body shop mixing black into clear, they come out really shiny.
but i also have never seen the niteshades so
the nite shades seem to be just as professional as body shops....imo but thats if you do it right....sand,paint,wet sand ect. look it up there are aot of members here that did good a$s jobs with the niteshades.......:grin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts