Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for photos of folks who have painted their stock 18" rims. I've seen them on the website but after searching for sometime couldn't find them.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Why on Earth would someone want to do that? For less than $100/each you can get a set of police rims that are already black without destroying your factory rims.

Best,

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
here's mine!

this are my 18' R/T Wheels colormatched brillinat black they are painted not powdercoated!!!!

P.s I'm considering selling my wheels pm for more info...LOL..

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for. I have a set of stock rims sitting around ready to go back on for winter. I was thinking about painting them and now I'm pretty sure I will. Now to find out how to do it. . . .

·
Registered
461 Posts
Powdercoat them! Especially for winter duty as it's extremely durable. Find someone to do it locally, or I know of a company you can mail them to for 50-100$ a wheel.....they're not "charger" specific, but they do good work ;).

I'd post a link but I don't know since they're not a "supporting vendor".

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for. I have a set of stock rims sitting around ready to go back on for winter. I was thinking about painting them and now I'm pretty sure I will. Now to find out how to do it. . . .
Why would you want/need to put the stock rims back on in the winter? Does it have something to do with snow and salt on the roads?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I asked the same thing a while back and got no response. Plastic and a differrent material rim may pose a problem. You paint over the chrome on the plastic it will eventually come off.

I'll buy the spray paint if you go first!!!:lol: :lol:
Oh hell no, I'm not experimenting on my rims. They has to be a way, if I get them professionally painted and clearcoated it should hold up, in theory...I want to black out my emblems as well

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm trying to find someone to powdercoat/repair my srt rims but can't find anything under $250/rim. I'm going to paint my 18"s myself since they are just for winter and I don't want to spend money on them.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Painted!

they are painted... sorry i don't remeber how dark of percentage i went with...i think they are not too dark i seen other cars with darker tailights..you should go for it it looks much better...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.