Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The overflow tank was easy. Just drain it, disco, paint and put back. I used a 1/2" piece of masking tape to leave a coolant window to check the coolant level. Love the look now, much better than the clear with colored coolant.

Now the the windshield washer tank is another story. What a PITA to take that out. You have to remove the fender well, the bottom cowl and God knows what else. I just ordered a 2' long section of 2:1 ratio. 4" black heat shrink tube to cover the washer tank neck down to where it disappears at the top of the tank. That will make it a 10 min. job instead of 3 hours.

EZPASS looks great now! Can hardly see it. Past the Parkway EZPASS toll test, registered OK.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
358 Posts
Nice job on the tank. Might have to steal that idea. Maybe add some painted red pinstriping around the exposure window you created - just a thought. Looks great, and a cheap mod at that.

·
Registered
885 Posts
The EZPass is in there?! I stare and I stare and all I see is an empty EZClip except that you can make out the 3M tape tabs on it. I removed those altogether with Goo Gone many years ago because they did not fit into the old style EZClip. I painted the overflow body color, but to each their own.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Didn't even think to ask about whether you care about losing your EZPass deposit now. I doubt they take back a tag that is painted, but who knows...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't even think to ask about whether you care about losing your EZPass deposit now. I doubt they take back a tag that is painted, but who knows...
Not worried at all about the deposit! I've had that tag for years so I don't I'll be returning unless it stops working! Then again it could get stolen like the one on my other car (they didn't charge me for that one because it was stolen. Didn't do red because I have a custom painted engine cover in black and red. Trying to keep an even balance between the two colors under the hood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts