Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I had nothing better to do, I started painting my throttle body black a few days ago ... using touch-up paint that comes in the little tubes, I started with glossy black (first pic) and then didn't like how much it was sticking out, so I switched to flat black and finished it off with it :)

The pics kinda make it look like it has a hint of blue in it, but it's definitely flat black, and blends in with the intake tube and manifold, which is what I wanted it to do ;)

And now for the pics :) :

Attachments

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
WTF i did the same thing last week. I used high heat paint flat black and just taped up that thin metal piece that goes around. Looks great and you did a good job :bigthumb:

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
your breather filter changed colors when you painted your throttle :grin:

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WTF i did the same thing last week. I used high heat paint flat black and just taped up that thin metal piece that goes around. Looks great and you did a good job :bigthumb:

your breather filter changed colors when you painted your throttle :grin:
Hehe ... you noticed that, huh ? :naughty: ..... :lol:

Since I'm no longer using the BT intake with its red filter, the red breather filter no longer matched anything and had to go :)

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Nice job! Something that i need to do as well.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Since I had nothing better to do, I started painting my throttle body black a few days ago ... using touch-up paint that comes in the little tubes, I started with glossy black (first pic) and then didn't like how much it was sticking out, so I switched to flat black and finished it off with it :)

The pics kinda make it look like it has a hint of blue in it, but it's definitely flat black, and blends in with the intake tube and manifold, which is what I wanted it to do ;)

And now for the pics :) :

I like it!

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Looking good Gabe..:bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Thanks Jimmy ... something tells me yours will come out nicer :)

Hehe ... thanks :beerchug:
lmao! If you only knew what it takes me to get to that point. Never easy, regardless.....

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Nice. You forgot to paint your rotator splint and flux capacitor though.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Nice job! How much time / how hard is it to get that out to paint!?

·
Registered
232 Posts

Hehe ... you noticed that, huh ? :naughty: ..... :lol:

Since I'm no longer using the BT intake with its red filter, the red breather filter no longer matched anything and had to go :)

Since your no longer using the BT intake, are you going to sell it? If so, how much?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Love the look... I had mine polished out.

Question though... why not use the engine bay cover? Alot of wires for my taste going crazy under there.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Since your no longer using the BT intake, are you going to sell it? If so, how much?
Haven't decided yet .... :)

Love the look... I had mine polished out.

Question though... why not use the engine bay cover? Alot of wires for my taste going crazy under there.
The engine cover won't fit anymore because of the way the hoses are run for the catch can, but I have some ideas about that ... :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts