Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the black honeycomb inserts for my stone white charger and I was wondering if I should buy a can of paint from the dealership and paint the inserts to match my car and crossbars or if I should just leave it alone and apprieciate the fact that is is an upgrade from the factory inserts that came with the car. Please any suggestions are welcome. If I did paint is there any prepping I should do first or just paint away? Should I gloss over a couple times? Thanks!! If there are pics floating around with white on white please let me know.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I just purchased the black honeycomb inserts for my stone white charger and I was wondering if I should buy a can of paint from the dealership and paint the inserts to match my car and crossbars or if I should just leave it alone and apprieciate the fact that is is an upgrade from the factory inserts that came with the car. Please any suggestions are welcome. If I did paint is there any prepping I should do first or just paint away? Should I gloss over a couple times? Thanks!! If there are pics floating around with white on white please let me know.
you should spray the inserts white to match the car i think that would look sick but thats just me

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
i was thinking of doing the same with mine but silver

·
Registered
117 Posts
think inferno grill would look nice in mine? id need the black crosshair tho

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
i think so, it would be different for sure

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just painted and installed honeycomb grille and I have to say it came out great!!!!!! No prep needed! Pics coming soon!

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I'll wait to see your pics but it just does not seem that it would look all the good painted.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whoever wants pics now email me and I'll send them.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
here are pics. looks good bro. Wasn't sure if you cared about your plate being showed so I blacked it out just in case

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. I wasn't gonna be home for a while to hook to the computer.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
no problem man, it looks great :beerchug:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hum maybe Next is to paint the interior of my headlights white????

·
Registered
333 Posts
Looks good bro! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
It's a nice look. Someone or someone's cousin's SRT (Dr. Death I believe?) has a red grill.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
i didnt think i would like it but i do i think it looks great man good job

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank yall for the complements! I really think this mod is worth it. I already got three comps in just one day of driving.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I dig it.
I had also considered painting the honeycomb silver (to match the car) but I think I would end up either wanting to paint the crosshairs black, or going back to original. For now, I'm keeping the front end the way it is.

Did you remember to use the adhesion promoter prior to painting it?
They say it makes a huge difference on how long it stays chip and scratch free.
+++

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No I didn't use any thing other than the paint. Hope it is alright.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts