Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of having your grills painted body color? I was thinking of painting mine Sublime but am unsure if this is a good idea. I know that its an SRT thing. Any pic of a Sublime with a body color grill out there?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
IMO, it looks pretty good. This should give you an idea:

·
Registered
74 Posts
That looks great.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Man I keep seeing the Charger all over the place.... That thing is sweet, gets me all choked up everytime I see it. On that car, the painted grill looks excellent, but I think overall the front end looks great because of the SRT-style front end they put on.

Second, I love that hood. Very distinguished SRT designed hood and I asked over on LXforums if anyone knew who made that hood but dont recall getting an answer. Ive never seen one that had the SRT scoop on it and had it rise so high and then have the drop off as it got near the window. I would definitely buy a hood like that and ideally would love to have it painted the same way. Not to rip off the design or anything, but thats the vision ive had in my head for some time.

Anyone know who makes the hood?

Grill/front end combo look great on this car, but it needs my wheels. :D :D :D

-Pat

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe I will see if I can find a used grill and mess with that first...

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Grills don't come in SubLime from the factory at all, so it's doubtful they would have it.

Since the grill would have to be painted anyway, the best bet is to grab an inexpensive one, regardless of color, off of Ebay or from a member here. I've seen them sell on occasion on Ebay for a whopping 99 cents at times.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Ive thought about painting my grille sublime quite a few times.....I made about 10 different photoshops of it painted, painted with mesh inserts, just the "Lip" of the grille painted leaving the flat black crosshairs etc but my comp crashed and I lost them all......overall I decided on a regular factory sublime, it wouldnt look as good as the black grille

On THAT charger in the pic it looks good, but theres alot of other things playing with your mind on the overall look like the hood, the rims, body kit, etc

just IMO

what I think would look good, that im prolly gonna do, is the Mopower grille in sublime, except im having him make mine fully open mouth (no center bar), and using flat black 1/4 mesh to fill it in

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Maybe I will see if I can find a used grill and mess with that first...
im going to be gettin rid of mine soon.......pm me an offer going to go with full face billet........paint is in excelent condition i suppose that wont matter though if you going to be experimenting on it??:grin:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
what I think would look good, that im prolly gonna do, is the Mopower grille in sublime, except im having him make mine fully open mouth (no center bar), and using flat black 1/4 mesh to fill it in

Thats gonna look totally sick, make sure you post pics..:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts