Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got tired of my shabby looking Calipers and rusty looking rotors, so I decided to detail them. I sprayed the rotors in Duplicolor Hi-Temp "Aluminum" and I sprayed the calipers in Duplicolor "Caliper Paint" in Red. I painted the brake pads satin black and I painted the clips in the same aluminum paint.

I don't think they came out too bad for a rush job - I started the night before the DUB Show and finished in the morning. :lol: What do you think?

DUB SHOW:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

TIPS:
(These pictures are for StoneWhite/Boise.. he called me out for the discolorization on my tips, so I just had to go and polish them!)

TRUNK:
For those who haven't seen it..

- Randy

·
Registered
230 Posts
Very sharp, love the overall look. That thing's almost too shiny!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Nice man,

When are you gonna start selling us those dual air intakes!!

:)
Is second that! Tell us more about it! I may have missed it in the past!

Great job on the whole car!
Looks like you painted the calipers before, so a few questions.
How long before the look like your 1st pics again? You keep your car clean so it seems it is hard to keep up on them!
Are they hard to keep clean when they are RED?
I have a daily driver and want to paint them red too, but would hate to have to re-paint every few months!
I may just do the whole system in black!
Any brake squeal after the paint?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Man your car is beautiful!!! Kudos!!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Great minds think a like Randy. Hopefully soon I will have my rotors and calipers back from powdercoating. Plus my new wheels and other metal parts for the engine bay are being powdercoated as well. You def. set the bar higher for us mere mortals.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Randy, your car keeps getting better and better! Ever thought of swapping the Brembo package on your R/T? The air tank set-up looks awesome....

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice man,

When are you gonna start selling us those dual air intakes!!

:)
I'm waiting for some various suppliers to get back to me regarding bulk purchasing, so I'll make my decision then.. I'm just trying to get the cost down a bit.

Very sharp, love the overall look. That thing's almost too shiny!
Thanks! :D

Is second that! Tell us more about it! I may have missed it in the past!

Great job on the whole car!
Looks like you painted the calipers before, so a few questions.
How long before the look like your 1st pics again? You keep your car clean so it seems it is hard to keep up on them!
Are they hard to keep clean when they are RED?
I have a daily driver and want to paint them red too, but would hate to have to re-paint every few months!
I may just do the whole system in black!
Any brake squeal after the paint?

Thanks!

The paint in those first pictures are around 15 months old. They were brushed on, and this time I sanded them real smooth and sprayed them. Much better! They held up very well, not hard to keep clean at all. Maybe Mark has the right idea of getting them powdercoated!

Man your car is beautiful!!! Kudos!!
Thanks!

Great minds think a like Randy. Hopefully soon I will have my rotors and calipers back from powdercoating. Plus my new wheels and other metal parts for the engine bay are being powdercoated as well. You def. set the bar higher for us mere mortals.
Sweet, I can't wait to see it, Mark. Have you gotten the front end on your Bee done yet?

By far the Badest Charger I have seen.
That's one clean Charger.
Thank you both! :grin:

Randy, your car keeps getting better and better! Ever thought of swapping the Brembo package on your R/T? The air tank set-up looks awesome....
Jim, I totally agree with you.. how about we meet up and we'll do a brake swap at a M&G? I'd love your Brembos just as you'd love my freshly detailed BAER brakes. :lol: Sounds like a good deal to me.

-R

·
Registered
708 Posts
Amazing Randy! Details is right on the money! I'll come and take pics while you and Big Jim get your hands dirty on that brake swap!!!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Got tired of my shabby looking Calipers and rusty looking rotors, so I decided to detail them. I sprayed the rotors in Duplicolor Hi-Temp "Aluminum" and I sprayed the calipers in Duplicolor "Caliper Paint" in Red. I painted the brake pads satin black and I painted the clips in the same aluminum paint.

I don't think they came out too bad for a rush job - I started the night before the DUB Show and finished in the morning. :lol: What do you think?

DUB SHOW:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

TIPS:
(These pictures are for StoneWhite/Boise.. he called me out for the discolorization on my tips, so I just had to go and polish them!)

TRUNK:
For those who haven't seen it..

- Randy

Tips look great! Thanks for cleanin them up for me :) I did notice however in those same pic's of the tips you seem to have some water spots on the paint........ Tisk Tisk Tisk:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Rides def the sweetest Charger I have seen!!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys :D

·
Registered
870 Posts
Damn Randy, You have your car fo sho! Very nice brother!

I used the same colors on my rotors and calipers. Very easy application.

How is the Air bags working out? Any probs? I gotta get those bags. They just set our Chargers off the hook!

Peace, Nate

·
Registered
60 Posts
quick question

I just sold my bagged 02 F-150 SuperCrew that I have had bagged for about 4 years so I'm not new to the bagged and lowered world. I was wondering about getting the car alined after bagging. Is it a hassel to deal with? It looks like your rear has more -camber than the front when laid out. I have an 07 R/T with R&T and I am looking now at the Universal Air kit. Is that what you have and do you have any issues with it? The last thing I want to do is get 22's on there and then eat through the tires.

Thanks for any info.

Oh ya Hell-A-Nice Car!!!!!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
You really need to stop, youre making the rest of us look bad!

I have never seen a Mango shine like yours, shes absolutly goregous!

I asked in another thread, about how you attached the trunk trim panel, Im not sure you ever saw it. It looks soooo much cleaner with no 'buttons'.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT:

If youre still taking user requests, trim the zip tie! (Its the only thing I have to 'hate on'. :D)

·
Registered
683 Posts
WOW raaaaaaaandy WTF?! MANNNNNNNNNN DIDNT SEE UR CAR FOR A WHILE!! seriously man...ur car is 1 of a kind!!! LOVE IT!! keep it up!!!

1 silly question, from where did u get the trunk cover?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Beautiful car man!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts