Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
theyve been painting my apartment complex and the wind carried the overspray onto my car this morning. the guy said he would pay for my to take it to a hand wash place and have it detailed but i was wondering if with my car being so new (purchased at the end of august this year) should i be concerned about messing up my clearcoat or even paint with the extensive buff and wax its gonna take to get the paint off? any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i took it to the dodge collision center in Lewisville, TX to see what kind of estimate they would give me and they told me $480 to give it a full clay bar treatment and they would need it for 2 days...is it just me or is this a load of crap?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I had the same exact thing happen on my lincoln Navigator.Just a simple clay barring should do the trick.Dont forget to wax the car after words due to the fact that it will strip the wax off as well...

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
i just got done using Mothers clay bar kit that comes with wax. i had silver paint all over my black Charger. The car came out very smooth and very shinny with a deep look in the color. the kit was like 18.00 dollars, do it yourself, its easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts