Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been posting a lot recently, I took over a 2014 Charger R/T Max when my wife got a new car. I recently did a bunch of work to it (new brakes, tires, trans filter, coilovers, tune, cat-back, and cai) and today gave it a good, thorough washing.

As to be expected for a 7-year old car with 82k+ miles, it has some blemishes. I found a large rust spot just inside the driver's rear door that will have to be fixed regardless. There are also a lot of chips, scratches, and dings on pretty much every panel - I think the driver's quarter panel was okay and maybe the passenger fender, but everything else looks like it needs some work. Some of the chips are showing rust, so I'll have to probably do something with those soon.

I was thinking about my options and wanted opinions on getting the car repainted versus getting it wrapped. Having a matte black car always appealed to me, not sure if I would go that route with a wrap or what color I'd paint it (the easiest would be to leave it jazz blue).

From what I found online, a wrap can run around $3,500. I have no idea how this compares to a full (good) paint job, not a MAACO special. I've also read that cold/salt can be rough on wraps, and I live in Michigan so...

I also know that once the factory paint is removed, the new paint doesn't tend to hold up as well (usually).

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has some thoughts they'd like to share. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
1,025 Posts
Paint Jobs can wildly differ in cost. Depending on what you do what color you go with and damage. Also jams and under hood would have to repainted etc if your going for a color change or again damage.

Wraps are cool as you can get any color style or design you want. They are not more then a good quality paint job actually a lot less. But they don't last as long unless you take very good care of them garage kept, stay out of rain and weather as much as possible and it will last more then 5 years or more.

Personally in your shoes I would get all the damage and rust fixed and have it painted at a very respectable paint shop. The money spent will be worth it and regardless of what you hears, an aftermarket paint job can be a lot better than a factory one. Much better actually.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts