Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a dodge charger SE and wanting a new paint job would like it two tone, i have two questions my first is how much woulld it cost maybe an estimate want gloss paint and the second does anybody in new orlleans area know where i could go and get a good paint job thxs

·
Registered
376 Posts
I called a local body shop this morning about this for myself. I have a black charger and called about two toning it. Shop gave me a quote of $1500 to have the top part painted and leave the bottom black. That price is for pretty much any basic paint color out there, any Kandy paint color would bump the price up to $2300 or so... thats what I am being told here in Toledo Ohio. Do you guys think that is a decent price or HIGH?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'd check with Shadetree Customs on Airline. That's the place that seems to come up whenever I ask for recommendations locally, but I've never had any work done by them personally. I'll try to give them a call and get you a price quote if you want.

·
Registered
406 Posts
That doesn't even pay for materials, no less labor.
I agree and I dont even know what I'm talking about.. but thats like a quarter of the price that all of the other paint shops locally seem to be charging. I'm guessing he knows people in all the right places, maybe?:knockout:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yeah I guess I do actually I just got the bottom part painted black like I said he does great work if any of yall want his number I would be glad to give it to you just pm ok? he has his own shop and whatever you want done to your car he can pretty much paint I had my engine cover painted red to match the car for less than 200!

·
Registered
27 Posts
i agree with 402 motoring.........my charger is in the shop on paint (courtesy of eye candy orlando) now doing a black with a red pearl additive...........and x6 clear coats........

to be more in depth...if you add pearl or metalic and layer with clearcoats....you get a more 3-d looking paint(you put a ruler vertical with 3-4 clears with additives on the paint it shows about 11-12 inches of depth....thats vertical though.........if u want basic paint with no additives, it will be more of a stock looking color. My opinion would be go to the 3 BEST automotive body shops that do excessive work with competition cars and have them help you out, and what color will you be trying to do...additives or no?

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
kbeazzy im not callin u a liar dont get me wrong but i just find it hard to believe $800 to 2 tone a car..............but $200 to paint a engine cover the engine cover sounds fair but $800 when i used to work with my dads friend as a lil kid i say that like im old (17) but it was 800 for them to do a bumper..mask,paint,clear,then put it in the oven, plus time and paint. but if u got it for 800 thats a great deal then.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yeah I guess I do actually I just got the bottom part painted black like I said he does great work if any of yall want his number I would be glad to give it to you just pm ok? he has his own shop and whatever you want done to your car he can pretty much paint I had my engine cover painted red to match the car for less than 200!
So just so I have this straight. You got the lower part of your Charger painted into the door jams with diassembling the doors, removing them from the car, removing the bumpers and tail lamps and buffing the paint to a show car finish for $800?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yeah guys lol I am serious I got it painted for 800 bucks lol wow I didnt know that was such a good deal I wish you guys was down here in Va so he could get some more costumers lol cause I love his job and he does all my body work on my car

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
well if everyone that paints cars want to earn 80k a year you'll pay the price for a very good paint.
But if you get a student or teacher that loves their job it becomes easy to do. The time spent on prep is usually the problem I am looking to paint my Nightstalker a new color and will do it myself and will used quality products to boot. But what I am trying to say look and you shall fine and do not be afraid to travel to get it done. Oh make sure you have another car to travel until your baby gets the new look you want.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yeah guys lol I am serious I got it painted for 800 bucks lol wow I didnt know that was such a good deal I wish you guys was down here in Va so he could get some more costumers lol cause I love his job and he does all my body work on my car
Well you didn't exactly answer my question. Did he take your doors apart and off to carry the tu-tone through your door jams or did he just scuff the outside panels and shoot them?

·
Registered
350 Posts
He didnt take the doors I am sorry for killing your thread dude I didnt want this thread to be about my two tone paint job lol Sorry dude if you got anymore question just pm me

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Well you didn't exactly answer my question. Did he take your doors apart and off to carry the tu-tone through your door jams or did he just scuff the outside panels and shoot them?
Sounds like a scuff n' Sheib. :)

I agree with you and the others who are skeptical. A really GOOD paint job costs several thousand, at LEAST. To get someone to do a concourse quality paint job can be upwards of $7-10k. It's a LOT of work, especially all the wet sanding steps to get that "dip your hand into the paint" depth.

Best,

·
Registered
609 Posts
Our absolute minimum for a upper tu-tone paint on a Charger with taking the doors apart and off to carry the color into the jams is 4K. That is only for one color. If we do both colors with full clearcoat your at $7500. For Candy's and 3 Stage Pearls figure 10K. We just took delivery of DeafChargers car up from Florida for a nice tu-tone with a one off custom rear spoiler and maybe some custom color matched sub enclosures. Look for a thread on his build next week.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Uh oh! Time to get Maaco! They can paint your whole car for $199! :lol:

Sorry, just had to say it.
I was looking at getting a color change to my Charger and was quoted around $7k, but that wasn't candy...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts