Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally got up enough money to buy the grip front fascia and ive got my mom convinced to help pay for paint for an early christmas present :banana: So yesterday i went looking for estimates. I went to the same body shop that i took my truck to and they do excellent work and i would recommend them for anything though after i left yesterday they had me questioning a few things. First off, they said they wouldnt install the fascia because its not OEM? Something having to do with a rebar? second, the estimate i got from them was in the ballpark of $650? does this seem high to anybody else? :confused:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Uhh Rebar?? If they are not blending fenders which mine don't match OEM front end then I think 300-350 considering the GRIP front end should be a nice piece. You could also save a bit of money by taking off the front end yourself or R&R the whole thing yourself. Try and find a shop that does more than just collision and insurance work.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
my grip fascia (as well as almost everyone else's I've talk to) took A LOT prep work. $650 sound like a fair estimate to be honest. MAKE SURE THEY BAKE IT BEFORE PAINTING!!! If they don't bake all the oils out, NO paint will stick

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well that is what I get for assumming huh? Any aftermarket piece depends on prep work, one of the reasons I haven't ordered a fiberglass hood. Without seeing it, it could got 275 to paint it or 750 if needs work :(

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i went to another shop today and the guy just kinda gave me a brief estimate by looking around (not as detailed as the other shop). he quoted roughly $400-500 including blending fenders. Is there anything else i need to know about the grip fascia? i didnt know it needed to be baked or anything? i dont want to have the same problem i have right now (bug juice IN the paint)

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
i went to another shop today and the guy just kinda gave me a brief estimate by looking around (not as detailed as the other shop). he quoted roughly $400-500 including blending fenders. Is there anything else i need to know about the grip fascia? i didnt know it needed to be baked or anything? i dont want to have the same problem i have right now (bug juice IN the paint)
eurethane is VERY oily. Your painter SHOULD know that, and if not, you may want to find a new painter lol

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
eurethane is VERY oily. Your painter SHOULD know that, and if not, you may want to find a new painter lol
lol thanks! ive never dealt with it before and never knew. this is my first time to actually get to mod a vehicle :D

Anybody have any suggestions for a good body shop in the stl area?

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
lol thanks! ive never dealt with it before and never knew. this is my first time to actually get to mod a vehicle :D

Anybody have any suggestions for a good body shop in the stl area?
no problem. it's fun to mod cars huh? :beerchug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts