Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed this and have it working on a Alpine system. I installed and everything is powered up including amp but I get nothing from amp. I unplug rcas and it doesn't make a difference. It does not show to plug into factory amp

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Widebody
86 Posts
I just installed mine this past weekend.
I had the same problem. Turns out, I thought my car didn't have an amp, but the Alpine systems actually does have one.
1. make sure all of the dip switches are set to up (Off)
2. Be sure to plug in the connectors on the AmpPro 4 harness. There is one that has a sticker that says something like "only for factory amp vehicles", this MUST be plugged in.
3. Once that is done, do the sleep cycles if needed, and you're good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just installed mine this past weekend.
I had the same problem. Turns out, I thought my car didn't have an amp, but the Alpine systems actually does have one.
1. make sure all of the dip switches are set to up (Off)
2. Be sure to plug in the connectors on the AmpPro 4 harness. There is one that has a sticker that says something like "only for factory amp vehicles", this MUST be plugged in.
3. Once that is done, do the sleep cycles if needed, and you're good.
The way I understood the sleep cycle was just if there is no factory amp. It's still has to be done

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does bass knob need to be install but if your not running a sub off of it. I know it's also for adjusting chime volume but is it necessary to be plugged in

·
Registered
86 Posts
The way I understood the sleep cycle was just if there is no factory amp. It's still has to be done
I still ran through the sleep cycles, just in case.

I installed the bass knob, but I'm running subs. If you're not, I don't think you'll need it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sti
I still ran through the sleep cycles, just in case.

I installed the bass knob, but I'm running subs. If you're not, I don't think you'll need it.
Sleep cycle didn't work going to change my RCA cables to see if that makes a difference. I reached out to the company but I have to take pictures of how I have it wired so I have to wait till I get dash apart again

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sti

Sleep cycle didn't work going to change my RCA cables to see if that makes a difference. I reached out to the company but I have to take pictures of how I have it wired so I have to wait till I get dash apart again
Bummer man. If you want, I can take a picture of how mine is set up and send it to you for comparison.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going to try new rca's first. I am using a kicker key 200.4 amp and hoping it's not incompatible with it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you have or can get pics if you have a 4 channel amp connected that would be great. The speaker inputs go into amppro via rca's. Where do I tap speaker outputs from amp to? Do I tie them into factory amp. I have never installed on a factory system only full install on my 2002 Dodge Ram.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you have or can get pics if you have a 4 channel amp connected that would be great. The speaker inputs go into amppro via rca's. Where do I tap speaker outputs from amp to? Do I tie them into factory amp. I have never installed on a factory system only full install on my 2002 Dodge Ram.
I don’t have a 4-ch amp, I’m using a 2-ch amp to just subs. I’m not sure how you’d connect the 4-ch, you may need to use the expansion port on the amp pro

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I broke down and brought it to a professional and it turned out the harness Pac APH-CH01 Amppro Harness that you they recommend you purchase with PAC AmpPro AP4-CH41 to make it completely plug and play was actually wired wrong from manufacturer. My guy did a great job and it sounds great I was able to install 2 way 6x9's in front doors and still having the tweeters in dash working. System is night and day compared to stock so called Alpine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts