Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had cat codes 420 & 430 replaced downstream 02s with NTK sensors. Still had cat codes replaced both cats with aftermarket cats. No more cat codes now i have 2096 and 2098 codes. What gives?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
P2096 - DOWNSTREAM FUEL TRIM SYSTEM 1 LEAN
P2098 - DOWNSTREAM FUEL TRIM SYSTEM 2 LEAN
Set Condition:
The Downstream O2 Sensor is considered to be protected from extreme environments by the catalytic converter. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the Downstream O2 Sensor feedback signal (called downstream fuel trim) to detect any shift in the Upstream O2 Sensor.
Possible Causes:
This diagnostic can fail when the O2 Sensor becomes biased from an exhaust leak, O2 Sensor contamination, O2 sensor wiring/connectors, or fuel contamination.

Check for any exhaust leaks that may have developed, check upstream/downstream O2 sensors for any wiring/connector problems and contamination (corrosion, oil/coolant, etc ...)
What's the quality of the fuel you're using? The Top Tier brands are identified in the link below.
How long ago did you install the new O2 sensors and cats? The NTK sensors may have worked for awhile but may now be out of range for what the PCM is expecting. Best to use Mopar original parts when replacing any sensors.
Some of the cheap aftermarket cats are good for only six months to a year before they start causing DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes). Was there any service life given with the cats (e.g. 36K miles)?

http://www.toptiergas.com/licensedbrands/

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2008 Dodge Charger se 2.7 v6... a year ago I received engine lights for the catalytic converter‘s on both sides. I replaced both of the catalytic converters and all 4 oxygen sensors also did the engine tune up. Now after clearing codes and unplugging the battery I’m receiving Codes p2096, p0133, p2096p... I keep erasing the codes and unplugging battery the same 3 codes keep coming back I don’t understand why. Can anyone help me please?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts