Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i reset battery on 05 Neon and it went away. My question is this am I safe to say that problem solved and it was initially caused by a glitch bad fuel or somethig minor or should i think something more complicated and problem is not solved even though the check engine light it no longer on????

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
you have to give it time. It may have to finish several drive cycles before it happens again.

Why did you reset it? When you reset it you take away all the info of the other things that were going on when the code set and is the best way to diag the problem. You'll have no way of knowing if it was bad gas or what since you wiped all the info

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wicked I reset after I toook to autozone for the code details. I went on a forum and a dodge mechanic 20+ years mentioend that reset and if it goes away problem solved hope that was it any feedback on that?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
wicked I reset after I toook to autozone for the code details. I went on a forum and a dodge mechanic 20+ years mentioend that reset and if it goes away problem solved hope that was it any feedback on that?
Well i'm only a dodge tech of 7 years but "problem solved " is a flippin joke. He's an idiot. He probably is a 20 year lube tech. :grin:

Something caused the light to come on period. Whether it was an electric short, bad gas, whatever it was. (bad gas highly unlikely) Unfortuanately the only way to get freeze frame data *this is a photo taken at the time of the code set* is to pull your code on a star scan. I'm sure the autoboner guy had some of the same info but most of those guys arent trained highly in anything but how to sell you a sensor. He probably told you nothing about any freeze frame data that was there if he even knew about it.

anyway. Whether a fluke or not, i doubt. Whether it was a one time thing sure it could have been. However, without being rude, you cant ask anyone now what it was that caused it cause any source of info has been taken away. Sorry

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thabjs so much for the feedback you know if it was my charger I would have gone further with the problem and I knew about the frreze frame deal but I guess subliiminally i didnt care. I got the car to save gas and not beat up my monsetr too much but your completely right. Hopefully it was a fluke or maybe bad gas or maybe a small uneventfull glitch. The truth of the matter is if it is serious enough it will certainly return to hunt me and at that point I will surely take it a step further. I guess I just wanted to hear "Bro dont worry about it no big deal" when in reality I knew the truth, thanks for being honest

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
well shoot i wasnt trying to be mean. Just tellin ya how it is i guess :grin:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no worries my man thanks again

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well i'm only a dodge tech of 7 years but "problem solved " is a flippin joke. He's an idiot. He probably is a 20 year lube tech. 😁

Something caused the light to come on period. Whether it was an electric short, bad gas, whatever it was. (bad gas highly unlikely) Unfortuanately the only way to get freeze frame data this is a photo taken at the time of the code set is to pull your code on a star scan. I'm sure the autoboner guy had some of the same info but most of those guys arent trained highly in anything but how to sell you a sensor. He probably told you nothing about any freeze frame data that was there if he even knew about it.

anyway. Whether a fluke or not, i doubt. Whether it was a one time thing sure it could have been. However, without being rude, you cant ask anyone now what it was that caused it cause any source of info has been taken away. Sorry

I have a 2008 Dodge Charger se 2.7 v6... a year ago I received engine lights for the catalytic converter‘s on both sides. I replaced both of the catalytic converters and all 4 oxygen sensors also did the engine tune up. Now after clearing codes and unplugging the battery I’m receiving Codes p2096, p0133, p2096p... I keep erasing the codes and unplugging battery the same 3 codes keep coming back I don’t understand why. Can anyone help me please?

·
Registered
777 Posts
I have a 2008 Dodge Charger se 2.7 v6... a year ago I received engine lights for the catalytic converter‘s on both sides. I replaced both of the catalytic converters and all 4 oxygen sensors also did the engine tune up. Now after clearing codes and unplugging the battery I’m receiving Codes p2096, p0133, p2096p... I keep erasing the codes and unplugging battery the same 3 codes keep coming back I don’t understand why. Can anyone help me please?
For starters, that guy hasn't been on here in 10 years. I seriously doubt he answers you.

Secondly, DAMN dude, chill out. You don't need to ask the same question 10 times on 10 different threads.

Ask it once and wait for answers. You're making it harder for people to give you answers because they don't know which one of your 12 posts they've replied to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts