Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,
So I got the above code this morning.
Have any of you I had this? I'm assuming it will be covered by warranty, only 14k on the car. How bad is the repair? Thanks

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Used to see this all the time on cars with loose gas caps, so did you recently fill up and get the flapper valve hung up or the door not closed properly? Or did someone try to siphon your gas overnight?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car is garage kept so I don't think anyone messed with it, I looked at the fuel door seal all it looks ok, maybe I should have auto zone clear the code and see what happens?

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
I would use the plastic funnel that comes in the trunk to open/close the fuel filler valve a few times in case it was stuck. Then have the code cleared and see what happens...

Also look around under the hood, and under the car for a vacuum line that is unhooked (I had a "Fuel Purge Valve" hose come loose on my 300M and it threw the same code)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Check the hose running from the bottom of the purge valve in the engine bay. It's on the passenger side, looks like a small reservoir with a cap on it in the back towards the firewall. After taking 8 trips back and forth to the dealer to get my car fixed, and a plethora of new parts installed, it turns out that it was just that small hose that needed replacing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts