Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope someone can help ... my problem is pretty random , i have a 06 charger 3.5 sxt rear wheel drive and recently i (by a mechanic )changed my timing belt and water pump (150 km...105 miles i guest ...)well after i changed the belt and the pump, at the first startup the car started to make a rough idling sound like a old car that about to give up and my exhausts started to sound like a big time v8 but my car on park will normally idle at 600 rpm and wont move or so. at the same time, it sounded like it had a whole in my exhaust. it did this for a good week and a half car was shaking literally specially when holding the door standing outside of the car. the is now running fine doesn't feel rough or loss of power but i now get a p0300 random misfire code. even when my engine light comes on and it blinks my car un fines nothing special but still it will come back helpp!!
also it happens sometimes that my rpm will slightly stall at 500rpm on a full stop (red light ) but i think its due to my sub woofer. and also it happens that when i for example pull my front windows down at the same time rpm will also drop.

if possible any advice on how to determine if its really some random ignition
issue that came up or the mechanic by changing the belt and pump ..

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
i still think its the timing belt, get another mechanic to look it over

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
hope someone can help ... my problem is pretty random , i have a 06 charger 3.5 sxt rear wheel drive and recently i (by a mechanic )changed my timing belt and water pump (150 km...105 miles i guest ...)well after i changed the belt and the pump, at the first startup the car started to make a rough idling sound like a old car that about to give up and my exhausts started to sound like a big time v8 but my car on park will normally idle at 600 rpm and wont move or so. at the same time, it sounded like it had a whole in my exhaust. it did this for a good week and a half car was shaking literally specially when holding the door standing outside of the car. the is now running fine doesn't feel rough or loss of power but i now get a p0300 random misfire code. even when my engine light comes on and it blinks my car un fines nothing special but still it will come back helpp!!
also it happens sometimes that my rpm will slightly stall at 500rpm on a full stop (red light ) but i think its due to my sub woofer. and also it happens that when i for example pull my front windows down at the same time rpm will also drop.

if possible any advice on how to determine if its really some random ignition
issue that came up or the mechanic by changing the belt and pump ..
Two things,I would have the mechanic who did the job check,make sure all the timing marks on the timing belt are lined up,its sounds like its one tooth off on the timing belt.If thats OK,I would check for a vacuum leak,a good place to start would be the EGR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.