Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well 4 months ago I had bought a predator and during those 4 months I have been getting a trouble code P013a. I notice I get it when driving on the fwy at 65 to 70mph. I search Diablo sports forums and this one with no luck on fixing this issue. My car is loaded with 91 Octane Performance CAI Tune, as far as mods Airhammer intake, Catch can, Flowmaster 40 series mufflers and removed resonators.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Well 4 months ago I had bought a predator and during those 4 months I have been getting a trouble code P013a. I notice I get it when driving on the fwy at 65 to 70mph. I search Diablo sports forums and this one with no luck on fixing this issue. My car is loaded with 91 Octane Performance CAI Tune, as far as mods Airhammer intake, Catch can, Flowmaster 40 series mufflers and removed resonators.
Are you sure it's an "a" at the end of that number ?

It's not supposed to be a letter there ... just another number ..... "8" maybe ?

P0138 comes up as an oxygen sensor code ... "O2 Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 2)" ..... possibly the sensor got damaged when the install was done, or maybe it just needs to have an O2 sensor replaced ?

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Im curious.......Your driving for 4 moths with a CEL still poping up? You didnt think to have it looked at earlier?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went outside to double check and it does have a A at the end of it here is a picture that I took with my phone.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im curious.......Your driving for 4 moths with a CEL still poping up? You didnt think to have it looked at earlier?
When driving in town I don't get a cel at all and when I drive on the fwy going 75 or 80 no cell either. Then I try serching to see if anyone has had this problem but it seems to be only me. Before I had the predator I never had any cels pop up, but after I got it within 2 days I got this cel.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Well narrow down your problem, back the tune out....if it started 2 days ago..the same time you installed the predator, see what happens. That will atleast get rid of one of the factors.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
try retrieving the DTC by doing the key trick .... on-off 3 times I think ... then it'll display the DTC in the screen below the gauges ... see if it says 0138 there ...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well narrow down your problem, back the tune out....if it started 2 days ago..the same time you installed the predator, see what happens. That will atleast get rid of one of the factors.
I tried it with the stock tune for a week and no cel.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
try retrieving the DTC by doing the key trick .... on-off 3 times I think ... then it'll display the DTC in the screen below the gauges ... see if it says 0138 there ...
Would this show up if I don't have EVIC.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah that would be the A side of your oxygen sensor i think. a is one side b is the other.
Thank you I would have to check this tomorrow.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Im not sure if thats the right code.

Is that jeep a 5.7?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got back from the car and did the key trick, don't think I am doing it right because I didn't see any new numbers pop up.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Just got back from the car and did the key trick, don't think I am doing it right because I didn't see any new numbers pop up.
Did the odometer change to ---- and dONE or did it just stay looking like an odometer? If it didn't end with dONE, you didn't do it right.

Put the key in and turn to ACC, then quickly go ON-ACC-ON-ACC-ON (but DON'T start the car).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Put the key in and turn to ACC, then quickly go ON-ACC-ON-ACC-ON (but DON'T start the car).[/QUOTE]

Followed your steps and it works and it showed the number 013A. The way how I was doing it was ON-LOCK-ON-LOCK-ON, I feel :embarrese

1 - 18 of 18 Posts