Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2007 dodge charger 3.5L off a small police dept in ontario and it runs great, decent shape except I got codes 0137 and 0138 on my first short Drive. I replaced the problems sensor reset codes and drove it once with no codes. Moved it off the street and codes came back. Ive been looking everywhere for possible situations that could cause a high and low voltage but no bare wires or anything. Cleaned and checked my grounds and those are fine as well. Anybody have any ideas still need an emissions test on this bad boy.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My thought as well. Every system in the car minus the wipers have been altered. Just having a hard time finding the possible location or intergrated system to follow it back. Only got so far from o2 sensor before being burnt

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Drive it over 15 minutes at a time, turn off, let cool down some, drive it another 15 minutes, let it cool, third drive cycle might clear it. It has to get hot each time u drive it, as that is when o2 sensors start reporting, and it has to do this exact reporting for at least 2 or 3 drive cycles consecutively for it to clear

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive been doing some decent driving on it after i reset the codes just incase it goes away then i would be ready for the emissions test(20min city/10min hwy). I will try it again tomorromw. If it doesnt work is there any way to work around this sensor? maybe piggyback off bank 2 sensor 2?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Just curious if you replaced the sensor with an OEM or aftermarket as I have heard the aftermarket ones sometimes give you headaches?

Griz

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i replaced it with an after market bosch one. i bought another as well, i am going to try swaping a couple around(back 1 sensor 1) to see if that will result in the same code. thinking maybe that will help me zero in on the true issue. i have heard the same with the aftermarket ones. only 7 days left on this temp sticker so i hope that gives me enough time.

ps. i did drive it around this morning with no luck on the sensor resetting...

·
Registered
877 Posts
Was wondering as my rear ones are acting up and throwing a code on each side. They are over 174k on 'em though, so they may just be shot..

Griz

·
Registered
490 Posts
Yuro...what is the likely issue if the o2 sensor CEL comes on and then after a day or so, the light goes out.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
A bad reading followed by a few good readings.
In my experience it was probably a bad batch of winter gas. Temp was colder when it did it too, but i doubt temperature applies here.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called dodge today and they couldn't tell me which sensor back is where on the car. However they today me to just unplug on of the sensors and see if they codes change or not. So my car came back with bank one bein on the passenger side. Unlike every other car I have seen before. Replaced that sensor right before work and cleared the codes I'll see if it changes tonight

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Problem has been SOLVED!!!

Happy to report after finding and replacing the bank 1(passenger side) sensor two with a new bosch sensor the two initial codes disappeared, only to find that 0038 came on(heater circuit high). drove it for the day and it stayed on, today i disconnected the battery, disconnected the 1/2 sensor coupler cleaned all of the electrical connection points with rubbing alcohol and q-tips then reassembling the light remained on with no codes present or stored. after about 60km of driving the light vanished and has remained off for another 50 km.

as far as i am concerned now this is all done. just for future reference bank 1 is the passenger side which i found odd as all the cars i remember it being on the driver side. thank you for all of your input.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Problem has been SOLVED!!!

Happy to report after finding and replacing the bank 1(passenger side) sensor two with a new bosch sensor the two initial codes disappeared, only to find that 0038 came on(heater circuit high). drove it for the day and it stayed on, today i disconnected the battery, disconnected the 1/2 sensor coupler cleaned all of the electrical connection points with rubbing alcohol and q-tips then reassembling the light remained on with no codes present or stored. after about 60km of driving the light vanished and has remained off for another 50 km.

as far as i am concerned now this is all done. just for future reference bank 1 is the passenger side which i found odd as all the cars i remember it being on the driver side. thank you for all of your input.
Nice. ..thx for updating us bro.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts