Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've done both Visual and performance updates I'll put everything in one thread.

i'll start with the visual stuff:

painted my taillights, headlights, Fog Lights, couple interior pieces, applied 20% tint all the way around (replacing the 35% I had before) put 35% on the windshield, and put limo on the sunroof. Installed Projector headlights and HID's (though only one set so far as I ordered the wrong bulbs for the lowbeam lights. Finally, I swapped out the Chrome 06 R/T Grill and put on the Black SRT grill.

next I went and purchased SLP Blackwing Air Intake and SLP exhaust the Diablosport tuner and had a custom tune done on the car.

I was excited to find out that the owner of Diablosport himself would be tuning my car! So I got to watch Mike tune the car and do some amazing things. From a stock pull I gained not a ton in the way of WHP on the max end, but I did gain massive increase in power on the low end. upwards of nearly 60 footpounds of Torque. here's my dyno sheet (dotted line is stock pull) and video of the final dyno pull. The car is crazy powerful now from a dig. Before it was sluggish and just seemed like a slightly powerful V6. now it stands out and puts you back in your seat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHabXVYTB60

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Black 22's next summer is the plan. As for the tailpipes. I've not thought of that. Anyone have any pictures of pipes as such?

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I cant read what were you putting down?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bone stock it put down 259 hp and 280 Tq. After tune and installs, it put down a max of 285 HP and 320 Tq

The major gains like I said are on the low end. i picked up almost 60 tq on the low end and 23 whp.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Bone stock it put down 259 hp and 280 Tq. After tune and installs, it put down a max of 285 HP and 320 Tq

The major gains like I said are on the low end. i picked up almost 60 tq on the low end and 23 whp.
A canned tune from the Diablo or custom tune?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Custom. They did some things for the trans as well. When in slap stick mode, it now will not automatically shift if the RPM's get too high. I have to force a change in gears. They also raised my Red line to 6000. I could take it up to 6400 but there just isn't a reason to put that stress on the engine for no reason. They made the shifts more firm. So getting through gears is more noticeable but more 'rewarding'

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Custom. They did some things for the trans as well. When in slap stick mode, it now will not automatically shift if the RPM's get too high. I have to force a change in gears. They also raised my Red line to 6000. I could take it up to 6400 but there just isn't a reason to put that stress on the engine for no reason. They made the shifts more firm. So getting through gears is more noticeable but more 'rewarding'
Ya sounds like they used a Diablo to do some tuning nice HP jump though just from a tune.

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
Very cool. Like what you've done. One question, one comment. Question is: what fuel are you running now for your tune? Comment is: you blacked out your plate in your car pictures, but you've got personal info include the plate in your dyno results. You might want to update the pic.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I think going with black rims and tailpipes would be too much. I think SRT8 rims would look really nice, or you could get something with black pockets. Don't go all black or the car will have very few details that are noticable. It will just look like a black blob.

I would go for an aftermarket hood with hood scoop (I like the SRT hood best myself, but whatever you like) and some stock SRT8 rims with out without the pockets painted. The stock SRT8 rims are affordable, good looking, strong, and light.

Going with 22" rims kills performance, so why do it?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With the custom tune I have to run 93

I blotted out the license plate for another website that I didn't post the dyno sheet on.

I wouldn't go solid black on the rims. I like contrast. I am not after a power machine. I want something different, powerful, and able to be driven daily. The amount of loss from a 20/22 inch rim isn't going to kill me.

I'll be having pulley's put on end of next month.

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
With the custom tune I have to run 93
Thanks for the info. I don't care about performance enough to opt for the extra expense in fuel. Not at this stage. But again, thanks.

I blotted out the license plate for another website that I didn't post the dyno sheet on.
Gotcha.

I wouldn't go solid black on the rims. I like contrast. I am not after a power machine. I want something different, powerful, and able to be driven daily. The amount of loss from a 20/22 inch rim isn't going to kill me.
I've got my eye on black chrome rims from Factory Reproductions. Shiny, yet different.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts

Isn't 259 RWH a little low? I thought a stock R/T puts out about 290 RWH.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Isn't 259 RWH a little low? I thought a stock R/T puts out about 290 RWH.
I was a little disappointed by the stock pull too. It was done on a Mustang Dyno, so there's that to take into account as they always show lower numbers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts