Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post of a question, just bought my 2007 Charger R/T with the Track Pack a few months ago. Stock, I could always feel the MDS engage and disengage with no real complaints about it, as I knew it was for the better cause on the long trips. Recently I got the Diablosport Predator and uploaded the 91 Octane CAI program to it. Now the MDS is super sensitive. At 60-70 mph's it drops to the 4 cylinder mode as normal, but now all I have to do is think about moving a toe on the accelerator and it disengages the MDS with a jerk that was about twice as hard as stock. Not horrible, but enough to annoy on a long trip to make me not want to accelerate at anytime unless I am going to mean it... I have since disabled the MDS through my Diablosport, but want to know if anyone else has had this issue and if there is a cure for it. I would prefer the MDS on just cause I mainly do long trips with it.
Thanks people.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Yeah, MDS and the Predator don't really mix well. I have heard of people getting Dialbo to adjust their tune, but haven't done it myself.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
turn it off if it bugs you too much. It is obnoxious with predator

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
As mentioned, MDS is a real pain with the Predator. It's a result of the reduced torque management in the tunes. Reducing the torque management gives you quicker, firmer shifting and less of HAL acting as your nanny but also results in harsher transitions in and out of MDS mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah...That's is what I was afraid of the answer being. I have the MDS turned off now and it drives sooo nice. I guess I bought the V-8, time to live with it. :)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Diablosport has provided custom tunes for those that want the MDS transition softened and apparently it works well. Go on their forum and request the modified tune.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts