• No

Votes: 39 81.3%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ouch!!! - Poll added

My wife was in an accident with the Charger on Friday evening. The most important thing is that she's OK, and our two boys were not with her. Her back is a bit sore and one finger is a little sore. I think her heart hurts the most...as this was just as much her baby as it was mine.

She and the other guy were in opposing traffic. He did not yield during a left hand turn across her lane. He turned directly in front of her. She was hard on the brakes...ABS was kicking in, and she made an evasive turn to her left. Buy the pictures, you'll see that she almost missed him as the damage is on the right front corner. The other guy received a ticket for not yielding to oncoming traffic during his left hand turn.

Most of the damage is on the right front fender, hood, front fascia (and all associated parts), right front wheel & tire, right front frame (outer), right inner tie rod end ball and socket, ABS block bracket, and some of the front sensors (air intake, air bag?). The front radiator support was moved to the left just a bit. I think it'll pull easily. Also, the passenger door was not hurt at all. Good news is that because of her evasive action, the front unibody did not take a direct hit, but instead just a glance. The hit was soft enough that the air bags didn't even go off.

It's at the body shop now...awaiting estimate...and ultimate fate.

Keith

Vehicle door Automotive exterior Windshield Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Mechanic Automobile repair shop

Automotive exterior Vehicle Hood Auto part Fender

Vehicle Auto part Car Engine Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Automotive exterior

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
wow bro, that SUCKS!!! glad to hear the wifey is ok though!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
x2.... hope the car comes back close to where it was. important thing though is wife is alright.... could have been bad if she didn't turn to the left. Give her an at-a-girl from the Forums.

·
Super Moderator
11,768 Posts
Sorry

Sorry to hear about that. Glad your wife is OK.

Same thing happened to me back in May, but I wasn't as lucky. My Impala SS was totally demolished. That's how I ended up with the R/T. OK, maybe in a twisted way it was lucky...:knockout:

Speaking of which, good luck with the repairs.

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
856 Posts
Wow, once again, sorry to hear/see that. I hope you get it back soon. And, if even possible, in better than new condition. Thank God all were okay, as already mentioned.

·
Registered
359 Posts
glad ur wife is ok and the kids werent in the car. hopefully it wont take long before u drive ur baby again. the damage doesnt look that bad at all bro..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Glad your family is ok.

Your a lot nicer guy than me. My wife doesn't drive my car. She doesn't respect it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I didn't vote in the poll....but I would be concerned that it may never feel the same again. Sometimes it doesn't take much to get them bent in some way that just doesn't ever seem to go away. Not that the car isn't worth keeping, just won't be the same. Hope this isn't the case with yours. It mostly looks cosmetic.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Glad for your wife the beast keeps the occupants safe. I'm sure it's not totaled. I'll be on the road again even if it's someone buying it from the insurance. I find that after you've seen the car in that condition, it doesn't hurt nearly as bad when you pick up your next door ding (ur or your kid scrapes up to a parking garage pillar).

·
Registered
203 Posts
Glad to hear she's ok! That was some quick action on her part, well done. Pics make me cringe, but hopefully they can fix it up. You'll be back on the road again in no time.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Glad you and yours are okay. Should buff right out.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Nothing a pail of Bondo can't fill in real nice....!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.