Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally was able to get my e-cuout's installed today, and my god it's loud. I had my dad drive next to me and it blew him out of the water, he couldn't believe how loud you can get it. It's been raining all day and probably for the rest of the week but I'll see if I can get a video of it. It cost me about 500.00 to install it, but the guy is a nic pic so he takes time to make sure everything is shielded from the heat. The button is located left of the cigarette tray, very nice place to put it.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uh, not to be a newbie but.... what are e-cutouts?

Thx.
These are e-cutout's or (Electronic Cutout's), you put them on your exhaust before the suitcase. With a flip of a switch you can make your car sounds as loud as you want by passing the noise filtering mufflers. Since I have the special low profile e-cuout's for my SRT8, the e-cuouts are installed right below you so it can become really loud in the car. I might add two pipes that go all the way back to the other exhausts so I have four pipes. So it's mostly loud outside the car instead of inside the car.

P.S Dont worry I had no idea about these untell a month ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yep

I love my cutouts!

I run them about 25% open all the time for the extra growl.

Wide open IS very freaking loud!

Wipe open allows more top end power from the zero restriction in the system, but can hurt your low end at launch - I open mine as I stand on it/roll out, so I get that low grunt and then have them open by red line in 1st.

RPM activation is easy to add, which can really help.

I have to admit, I had some kids with sawed off ricer pipes try to make noise next to me, I open my cutouts up fully and about cut their heads off! They sauntered off looking a little sheepish. hehehe

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I love my cutouts!

I run them about 25% open all the time for the extra growl.

Wide open IS very freaking loud!

Wipe open allows more top end power from the zero restriction in the system, but can hurt your low end at launch - I open mine as I stand roll out so Iget that low grunt and then have them open by red line in 1st.

RPM activation is easy to add, which can really help.

I have to admit, I had some kids with sawed off ricer pipes try to make noise next to me, I open my cutouts up fully and about cut their heads off! They sauntered off looking a little sheepish. hehehe
Yes! Very sweet!

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
My budy put e-cutouts on his 300 SRT8 and they were SICK! I think I want some too....

·
Registered
415 Posts
Is the $500 just for labor? I'm hoping thst parts were included with that price. Either way though, congrats man, I wish I could do that!!!!

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is the $500 just for labor? I'm hoping thst parts were included with that price. Either way though, congrats man, I wish I could do that!!!!
It was 500.00 for just the labor, I actually know the guy so he didn't rip me off, he had to bring in a welder because it was stainless steal so he found someone that could tig weld it on. He had to remove the whole exhaust system and heat shield to be able to weld the part on. Then he tucked the wires under the heat shield. Then ran the switch into the car. I was kind of surprised but my dad was right on, he said it would cost about 500.00 to do it because it's a lot of work.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Are they legal?

Any legal issues with them?

Tickets for excessive noise, etc?

Thanks,

-=FLEX=-

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Any legal issues with them?

Tickets for excessive noise, etc?

Thanks,

-=FLEX=-
As long has I keep it under the decibel limit I should be fine, but the questions is, when do I hit that decibel limit. My dad just gave me the thumbs up to say, "That should be loud enough" when he was driving next to me. I may crank it up more and if I do get pulled over, I just know to crank it down a bit. If it's day time, and I see a cop, I can just quickly shut them, it takes about 3 seconds to close them. Then all I have to do is hit the switch 7-8 times to get the right sound.

P.S I also just added pictures on the first page, not the greatest because it's been raining the whole time.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I ended up paying 200 bucks for labor. He installed the cutouts and a new zoomers tip. If your in the central valley I highly recommend west coast exhaust in Fresno.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Are you guys doing these on the stock exhaust? I'm having a hard time thinking it's worth buying a catback as long as I have the e-cutouts installed. It seems pointless to get a catback too.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
since im working 12 hour days 7 days a week for 2 weeks i think im gonna get these bad boys

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
dmhperformance.com sells them. They run around $360. They're not listed on their site so you have to call Dave at the phone number on their site. Ask for the oval ones for the new Dodge Chargers.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Are you guys doing these on the stock exhaust? I'm having a hard time thinking it's worth buying a catback as long as I have the e-cutouts installed. It seems pointless to get a catback too.
I did it on my stock exhaust, right now with them open I should be getting about 15 more HP out of it. As of right now a catback would be pointless, unless if I want to ride with the e-cuouts closed more often.

I bought mine from dmhperformance.com, I had to call and ask for Dave, just leave a message on his recorder. I guess they are really busy because they are opening a new shop, so it may take a day or so for him to get back to you. From what I know, they are the only ones that make a SRT8 low cut e-cuouts that is 2.75" for our exhaust.

Today at my office building, everyone said they could hear my car start up and roar out of the parking lot, that and it has a cool affect that it blows all the dirt and leave’s underneath your car.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts